We are looking for a Financial Services Officer - an advisor specializing in personal loans and mortgages for our branch location in Toronto.
The Police Credit Union is an exclusive financial institution for police personnel, their families and associated police groups within the Province of Ontario. We believe in “taking care of our own”, we take into consideration the uniqueness of the policing profession and provide customized financial solutions and specialized programs to meet our members needs.
As a key employee within a retail branch, this position is responsible for developing and fostering strong relationships with members of our Credit Union. By providing personalized service and customized financial solutions you will help our members through life events and achieve their financial goals. While providing the right financial solutions and deepening the relationship you will contribute to the achievement of individual and branch goals while supporting organizational objectives.
- Deliver service excellence in all interactions with members
- Effectively evaluate each member's financial needs and provide sound financial advice
- Provides mortgage advice, recommend solutions and process applications
- Process Personal Loans and other credit solutions where appropriate
- Recommend appropriate deposit products and provide investment advice for registered and non-registered terms, TFSAs and Mutual Funds (if licensed)
- On-board new memberships, providing product knowledge, identifying members needs and providing solutions
- Manage a member portfolio, deepening relationships through regular points of contact
- Accurately executes administrative tasks
- Generate referrals and refer complex investor needs to Investment Specialist
- Comply with all position guidelines in accordance to policies and procedures
What We Are Looking For
- minimum 3 years credit experience in a financial institution including strong mortgage lending competencies
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to actively listen, empathize, ask questions and respond appropriately
- Ability to engage and quickly identify financial needs of our members and the branch
- Sound knowledge of credit and investment products and procedures
- Results oriented
- Strong interview skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Believes and thrives in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills
What We Offer You
- Competitive Salary
- Extended Health and Dental benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- Work/Life balance
- Educational Assistance for professional development
Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $54,000.00 to $61,000.00 /year