1801 Dundas Street East, Whitby, Ontario, L1N 2L3
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager will provide excellence in customer service. Demonstrate leadership by managing employees and effectively planning.
- Present themselves as a role model when providing efficient and courteous customer service.
- Resolve and manage customer complaints effectively and according to established guidelines.
- Demonstrate leadership by providing positive and effective resolution to customer and team members concerns.
- Encourage store employees to take ownership for their performance and career development plans; follow up on a regular basis.
- Maintain on-going communication with internal colleagues from various departments to improve overall business results.
- Coordinate and communicate with company buyers on what items to purchase for a store's inventory and supervises the activities of the stores merchandising efforts.
- Accountable for promoting Shoppers Home Health Care sales of equipment and services through the provision of personalized and professional advice, information, and consultation to individuals, groups and institutions.
- Manage and maintain materials and stocked product inventory.
- Planning and executing events successfully.
- Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates.
- Scheduling employees efficiently to maximize productivity, profitability and margins.
- Continuously training staff effectively to encourage them to meet company standards.
- Protecting company assets and improving profitability by developing and implementing security and safety programs for employees and customers.
- Pursue succession planning to ensure that employees are constantly developed to fill each needed role.
- Ensure employee awareness of safety and emergency procedures.
- Understand and support store operations, policies and procedures.
- Good communication/presentation skills to instruct individuals and groups on the use, maintenance and servicing of equipment.
- The ability to develop and maintain client contacts.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Complies to health and safety regulations
- Demonstrates a commitment to achieving meaningful results
- Displays unwavering commitment to our values
- Demonstrates understanding of the organization’s mission and strategies
- Acts in accordance with policies and procedures
- Detail oriented
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to work independently
The above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties and shall not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.