The Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Associate supports the overall program at a site level, while providing direct client support on safety, health, and environmental matters, and building relationships with internal client groups. The SHE associate will strive to build SHE organizational capability and drive the implementation of systems, processes, and initiatives to achieve SHE excellence.
- Acts as the first point of contact for SHE-related inquiries or issues for the site;
- Provides information coaching, guidance, and resources to clients and/or prioritizes, redirects or escalates queries as appropriate;
- Follows up on all incident reports to identify root causes and to ensure appropriate prevention plans are developed to prevent reoccurrence;
- Takes the lead in large-scale investigations while liasing with internal client groups to ensure hazards are identified and controlled in an appropriate manner.
- Participate in project design/construction teams to ensure compliance with company safety requirements, codes or standards.
- Compiles and develops statistical reports used for high level planning of SHE programs and initiatives;
- Delivers SHE training to client groups on a regular basis to ensure compliance with internal policies and legislative requirements.
- Monitors and oversees the site’s adherence to the Emergency Response Program, including employee databases and fire plans;
- Takes the lead during external enforcement visits with the Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, and customer audits;
- Provide technical input into the development and revision of SH&E policies, Safe Work Procedures, Training and identified projects utilizing codes, standards and relevant document sources;
- Provides support to the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) to ensure its effectiveness;
- Continuously monitors and maintains familiarity with the statutory requirements related to the Safety, Health, and Environmental legislation.
- Works in a safe manner collaborating as a team member to achieve all outcomes.
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
- Ensure personal adherence with all compliance programs including the Global Business Ethics and Compliance Program, Global Quality policies and procedures, Safety and Environment policies, and HR policies.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- University/College Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Technology, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, related science or applicable experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access software package)
- CRSP/ CSSE/ CRST/ ROH/ organizational / project management skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), team work, judgement, and client focus skills
- 2-5 years relevant experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)