Heddle Shipyards’ Management team is searching for a detail-oriented Production Planner with the engineering expertise to plan ship repair, maintenance, and fabrication activities for Tendering Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Trades Supervisors at multiple locations. In short, the Production Planner will translate every bid/estimate into a planned project, which would include material lists, equipment lists, delivery times, and manpower schedules, ensuring each project meets established quality, cost, and time objectives.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills combined with relevant experience crafting understandable, accessible work packages for skilled trades persons in an efficient, timely manner;
- a completed bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution or the designation of Certified Engineering Technologist;
- (a certificate of qualification for a skilled trade with a significant amount of relevant planning experience will be considered);
- 2-5 years of professional experience in project planning, scheduling, and/or cost control;
- proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, and Auto Cad;
- ability to learn on the job while managing multiple tasks, changing priorities, and tight deadlines.
- a working technical knowledge of requirements for marine systems, maintenance processes, and engineering;
- management experience in a ship repair facility;
- experience developing ship repair work packages based on knowledge of ship navigation, communication systems, ship hull, mechanical and electrical systems implementation, and integration;
- proof of certification by an accredited organization in Planning, Production Control, Scheduling, and/or Project Management;
- experience coordinating a variety of internal and external stakeholders such as estimators, contractors, and project managers.
Please submit a current resume and cover letter that clearly showcase your relevant competencies.
Heddle Shipyards welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request through the Human Resources Department for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Project Planning: 3 years (Preferred)
- Production Planning: 3 years (Preferred)
- Planning Multiple Projects Simultaneously: 3 years (Preferred)
- Creating Work Packages From Estimates: 3 years (Preferred)
- MS Project: 3 years (Preferred)
- Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- MS Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
- Scheduling: 3 years (Preferred)
- Marine, Ship Repair, or Ship Building: 3 years (Preferred)
- Technical Writing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Autocad: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)