Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
Teknion is currently hiring a full-time Project Manager, Architectural Interiors for our North York, ON. head office. As the advocate for Teknion’s Architectural Interiors Corporate Accounts, the successful candidate will provide the oversight as it pertains to all in-bound project requests, and ensure the dealer accountabilities to service these projects. This would include the vetting of each project’s requirements ahead of dealer engagement, ensuring viable project success is attainable, and where necessary having dialogue with the account and Account Manager to proactively ensure that a given project is understood effectively. In this capacity, the Program Manager would work in conjunction with the various Teknion Account Managers as well as with the account directly (where necessary) to best create available deliverables, and then ensure immediate dealer involvement including the understanding of project timelines.
Based on program tracking, engage directly with the dealers to ensure that they remain aligned with project and program expectations, and where necessary report to the Account Manager to advise of potential project risk. This will allow both dealer intervention as well as communication to the account, if required.
- Working both with CIC (for formal contract accounts that utilize CIC as it’s project communication point) and with any potential model or method of engagement with any non-CIC corporate account, create a program process to capture all necessary data that then allows the fundamental tracking of projects by account, and continuously updating, enabling project process to be viewed at any time and dealer activity to be tracked such that it remains aligned with project and program expectations
- Working with Teknion’s Account Managers, ensure that the program information is aligned with SFDC, thereby giving proper forecasting and upcoming order and manufacturing activity to Architectural Interiors’ Project Managers and production scheduling
- Engage directly with the dealers ahead of order entry, ensuring as best as possible all necessary order planning is considered and prepared
- Working in conjunction with the Field Application Manager, Corporate Accounts, ensure the project filed activities are planned and aligned with project and program expectations.
- Monthly, review the program logs and activities with the Account Managers and the Field Application Manager. The Account Managers can then share details with the account
- Continually audit the corporate programs for effectiveness, reporting on account, dealer and manufacturer performance and progress, and ensuring the responsive reporting of same
- Key benchmarks are to be created and then reviewed for achievement and/or improvement opportunities.
- Where applicable, collaborate with Canadian Corporate Sales to identify and/or ensure defined contract and dealer application solutions are considered attainable and achievable within the structure of the program’s intent
- These can include client engagement, project scheduling, manufacturing capabilities and product application expectations, and applicable service-level agreements
- Outside contract furniture experience an asset
- Project management experience in field furniture, or facility management experience an asset
- Ability to read and interpret CAD drawings
- Communication skills
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working both independently and within a team environment.
- Good computer skills and experience working with Excel, Word, Project or similar applications
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position