PointClickCare is the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great culture for our employees. We believe work is much more meaningful when you're doing it with a higher purpose. For more information on PointClickCare, please connect with us on Glassdoor and LinkedIn.
A Little About Us:
PointClickCare is a North American leader in one of the hottest segments in technology today – SaaS-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) software. We’re growing at a record pace and are seeking high-energy players to join our team. Our work environment is fast. And we like to surround ourselves with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic people who want to be part of an entrepreneurial company that is at the top of their game and dedicated to reaching the top.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering the Development Manager is responsible for leading multiple scrum teams comprised of Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Analysts through the analysis, design and implementation of software application. The Development Manger owns the technical design for development project and drives project life cycle from inception, to post-go-live experience, using Agile methodologies. Specific activities include: improving the value of the technology platform, providing overall leadership and management to the product development team; developing an effective team and an optimal organizational structure; and representing PointClickCare within the industry.
- Researching, evaluating and implementing new technology platforms in partnership with enterprise architects, ensuring alignment with existing products, platforms, emerging business needs and engineering best practices
- Being responsible for the technical design for Core platform development projects by reviewing and contributing to functional specifications (i.e., business requirements, workflow, and design)
- Collaborating with Cross Domain Development Managers and technical leads to define technical design, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders for technical design, overseeing the development of detailed technical specifications, and approving high level work breakdowns and estimates
- Driving the end-to-end project life cycle, from inception to post-go-live experience by demonstrating true ownership and commitment for project success, while working closely with the Technical Product Manager to understand end user experience and needs
- Providing domain knowledge and technical leadership, and good management over development team, closely monitoring applications to ensure they are aligned with engineering best practices, and demonstrating ownership over end user experience post-go-live
- Managing processes/procedures, the development approach, resources, and budgets
- Acting as a process and technical resource during projects, intercepting issues and directing corrective actions as required, monitoring and reviewing project progress, and proactively raising issues to stakeholders and collaborate on solutions and options
- Identifying loopholes in the development process, analyzing development across teams for the potential to leverage content or processes between teams, and escalating issues requiring negotiation and arbitration of business decision trade-offs
- Ensuring delivery of high quality release to production using primarily agile methodologies and maintaining constant communication with business leaders.
- Leading multiple teams of Developers and Quality Analysts, including hiring, managing performance, developing, motivating and retaining a high performance team
- Handling relationships with 3rd party vendors, partners and consulting companies
- Evolving the organizational structure to meet business needs (and integrating organizational design and development practices to ensure appropriate partnerships and skill sets are used to achieve business results
- Represents PointClickCare by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of PointClickCare products, industry and technical trends, and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiatives
- Communicating with customers in a compelling and articulate manner in both verbal and written conversations and presentations, demonstrating corporate core values and culture, developing professional and positive relationships with customers, and maintaining a reputation of competence, integrity and professionalism.
- Solid experience with software development life cycle (e.g., gathering requirements, analysis and design, development, release and version control, deployment management), including:
- Most recent experience as a Development Manager or Team Lead
- Good experience with Agile development methodologies (or similar), Java SDK 1.5 or higher, and utilizing SQL (e.g., writing queries)
- Previous experience utilizing the following technologies/toolsets/applications:
- Java Web Applications, Servlets, Servlet Filters, JSP, JSTL, JDBC
- Spring Framework 2.x or higher, including Spring MVC
- Tomcat 6.x or higher, or SpringSource tc server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Eclipse or SpringSource Tool Suite (STS)
- Web service platforms.
- Utilizing Object Oriented Programming (OOP) principals
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Software Design
- Strong leadership skills – ability to lead by example, motivate others and continuously look for improvements in the work that you and your team performs
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple internal teams and management
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.