C DEV Inc, a fast growing software development firm specializing in developing betting systems and related applications, is expanding in Montreal.
We are seeking an experienced senior PHP developer to become an integral part of our team! You will develop and code for various projects in order to advance software solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and expand features and products using a variety of programming languages
- Review project requirements and write technical specifications
- Debug, test, and fix errors
- Document code development and revisions
- Create and use software tools to help automate writing code
- You will assume the leadership of a small to medium team as a software architect and mentor for members of your team.
- The ability to work effectively with remote teams.
- Some travel will be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Great understanding of Object Oriented Programming and SOLID principles.
- Candidates should be able to work as part of a team, great communication skills are expected.
- 5+ years of experience writing real world web applications in PHP.
- 3+ years of experience with an MVC framework. We use Laravel but if you know Symfony, Code Igniter, Cake or similar we can help you get up to speed.
- Pro level of Git is highly desirable
- Great capacity of converting business requirements into technical specifications.
- Knowledge of Linux servers is a plus (LAMP).
- Good understanding of relational databases to create high performing queries when needed.
- Great attention to detail.
- General knowledge of front end technologies and work flows is a nice to have.
- Experience with Scrum or any other Agile methodology is a great plus.
- Knowledge of Java, Python, or other programming languages
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Able to work in Canada (Required)