Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job
The Branch Operations Assistant’s primary focus is to provide branch support to Management, Advisors, and Associates and to act as the first point of contact for clients arriving to the branch.
Ensures a High Level of Client Service by:
Manage All Banking Functions by:
- Acting as a Receptionist for the branch.
- Answering branch phone lines and relaying messages.
- Greeting clients as they arrive and notifying the appropriate person of their arrival.
- Booking internal and external meetings.
- Looking after catering orders as required.
- Ensuring various branch listings are kept current.
Manage All Non-Trade Functions by:
- Receiving cheques and certificates from clients.
- Issuing receipts to clients.
- Posting cheques and certificate deposits to client accounts.
- Submitting certificates to Head Office.
- Depositing cheques at the local Scotiabank branch.
- Maintaining a complete understanding of compliance requirements & regulations related to banking.
- Ensuring post-dated cheques are processed in a timely manner.
Manage All Names and Address Functions by:
- Ensuring trade corrections and trailers are entered in a timely manner consistent with regulatory regulations.
- Entering all New Issue Tickets.
- Following up on outstanding New Issue tickets and escalating to management, as required.
Manage the Efficiency of Branch Operations by:
- Completing all non-online account management (OAM) functions including address changes and shareholder communications information.
- Managing account closures by ensuring accounts have no cash or security balances.
Contribute to the Effective Functioning of the Branch Team by:
- Maintaining the branch mail system by ensuring mail is opened in a secure area and is distributed in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the branch posting machine.
- Ensuring inter-office mail is collected and forwarded to Head Office.
- Ensuring all courier packages are picked up, delivered, and billed appropriately.
- Maintaining records about all prospectus distribution.
- Ensuring cost effective order of branch supplies.
- Maintaining the Branch House accounts.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business partners across the bank, including corporate functions.
- Maintaining a high-level of customer service.
- Contributing to a culture of open & honest communication.
- Actively participating and contributing to team meetings and other touch-points with team members.
- Encouraging the development of new ideas and approaches.
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience in order to enhance the development of all team members.
- Developing and executing meaningful employee development plans.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Education and Other Requirements
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Takes initiative and effectively works independently.
- Strong ability to maintain deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite of products: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Banking background preferred.
- Post-Secondary Education.
Canada : Ontario : Waterloo
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.