Who We are:
Progressa is Canada's only 'Direct-Pay' lender focused solely on non-prime and near-prime consumers. Our online technology platform allows us to provide our customers with a seamless borrowing experience, and our data-driven underwriting approach allows us to work through complex financial situations in 15 minutes or less. We believe Direct-Pay lending is important in light of the growing household debt figures in Canada. By paying bills directly for our customers, we provide peace of mind and an avenue to begin to reduce their debt load and rebuild their credit rather than creating additional financial strain.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Intermediate Accountant is responsible for account analysis and reconciliations, financial statement preparation, forecasting and budgeting. This position will play a key role in supporting and contributing to month-end close as well as the year-end working papers and the ongoing maintenance of fiscal records.
What You Will Do:
- Support full-cycle accounting processes
- Prepare bank payments, coordinate approvals and communicate confirmations
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of accounts and year end close
- Assist in the preparation of monthly / quarterly / annual financial statements and notes in accordance with IFRS
- Assist in preparation and analysis of monthly budget and forecast
- Assist in various audits, and in the preparation of year end working papers
- Prepare general ledger entries and reconciliations
- Conduct thorough analysis of GL entries
- Act as a resource to answer accounting and financial queries
- Develop and implement accounting procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting operations and financial reporting
- Contribute to team effort by prioritizing functions within the team and meeting deadlines
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams within the organization
- Assist Director of Finance and Assistant Controller with completion of ad-hoc projects
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- 3-5 years of full-cycle accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Apps, advanced Excel
- Experience with Sage 50 considered an asset
- Highly motivated, self-directed, flexible team player with demonstrated ability to thrive in a business-critical deadline driven environment
- Self-motivated, organized, and goal oriented with a keen attention to detail
- Solid communication skills; ability to develop a method for presenting information in a simple yet effective way
- Experience working with IFRS reporting considered an asset
- Lending industry experience considered an asset
Who You Are:
- Customer Focused: You are committed to meeting the needs of customers by offering a fair and transparent service.
- Human: You respect and care about your colleagues, customers and communities, which is demonstrated by being inclusive, compassionate and kind.
- Integrity: You are honest, reliable and trustworthy who will do the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
- Excellence: You strive to be the best and have an obligation to manage our resources wisely to ensure continued growth for the business.
- Fun: You encourage teamwork, friendship and enthusiasm while maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
What We Offer:
This position is with our Vancouver office just outside of Stanley Park which is great for lunch-time walks. We offer many perks and benefits:
- Amazing views
- A collaborative team environment
- Group benefits (Life, AD&D, Extended Health & Dental, and Travel insurance)
- On-site gym
- Fun social events
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
As a fintech company, Progressa is responsible for highly sensitive information. Please note that any job offer will be conditional upon the completion of a satisfactory background check including, but not limited to, criminal, credit and employment reference checks.
Progressa welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)