Are you looking to become a Licensed Automotive Technician? Are you eager to learn?
Surgenor Hyundai is currently seeking an individual to join our service team as an Apprentice Technician level 2. We provide an environment of support and guidance with our experienced team of licensed technicians, as well as ongoing training. Uniforms are provided and you will receive a yearly tool allowance.
In business since 2012 Surgenor Hyundai is a family-owned company that continually strives to provide the best possible customer service which is only made possible with our amazing team. We pride ourselves in helping our staff grow both professionally and personally with our top-notch management team and on-going training. A good work life balance is something we strive to deliver. We have a history of long-term staff retention, which is a testament to the way we do business and the value we place on each and every employee.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Properly complete the services and/or repairs of tires and oil changes.
- Help other technicians as needed or required.
- During quiet times, to clean the shop, tool room, benches etc.
- Under supervision learn the skills and be part of a multi-disciplined team that is capable of performing a wide range of engineering activities related to customers vehicles and detached components.
- Under supervision, undertaking fault analysis and implement solutions to a wide range of cars and light vehicles in accordance with the manufacturers specifications.
- Properly use the special tools and equipment provided by the Service Department.
- Produce quality work that has pride of workmanship.
- Maintain the work space assigned in an organized and cleanly manner.
- Automotive knowledge and experience.
- Computer/technical skills are a must as many aspects of our vehicle inspections are completed digitally.
- Previous experience in automotive servicing.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Possess the ability to drive both automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Understand safe working and driving practices.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in a new vehicle dealership or other automotive setting would be considered an asset but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and positively accept new job roles and opportunities as they arise.
- Professionalism, honesty, integrity and a desire to grow with the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest, however, only the selected candidates will be contacted.
What we offer
- Full-time, permanent position
- Steady consistent hours
- Positive work environment with superior management support
- Employee discounts
- Group benefits
Start your application today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses to this advertisement, we wish to thank in advance all applicants. Only those candidates under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time