Competition Number S18296P
Position Title Facilities Operations Assistant
Position Number S99367
Employee Group Staff
Position Status Regular Full-Time
Location North Vancouver
This position reports to the CapU Facilities Operations Manager and provides operational support within the Facilities Services department. The Facilities Operations Assistant primarily provides responsive and appropriate customer service in prioritizing a high volume of service requests, by telephone, e-mail or in person inquiries as well as administrative and bookkeeping support. This position provides initial assessment of service requests and coordinates workflow by determining appropriate response and assigning service requests to appropriate Facilities staff using the department work order system. The Facilities Operations Assistant provides clear and concise communications to all internal and external users of facilities at Capilano University, as the main point of contact for the department’s service function. The Facilities Operations Assistant demonstrates a commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Values of Capilano University in everything that they do.
Coordinates the Facilities Department’s service activities by:
- Responding to and acting upon, service requests calls via phone; e-mail; Verbal ensuring that all requests – requiring time and resources – are registered accordingly using computerized maintenance based software applications.
- Creates appropriately, responsive work orders to service client requests.
- Assessing requests to determine action and priority level after verifying all relevant
and necessary information from requestor.
- Routing requests to the appropriate levels within Facilities for further action as deemed adequate and / or as determine by the scope of the request.
- Daily and continuously, coordinate work activities by interfacing with the appropriate and relevant facilities staff in attendance at that time including coordination of the interdisciplinary team staff to meet the needs of the caller.
- Daily and continuously, track service requests response and progress for those classified as a priority or urgent requiring criteria to determine such condition.
- Act as the first responder to requests for service and / or support directed to Facilities using the department’s work order system to ensure all requests are recorded.
- Provide support to internal Facilities resources by attending to Campus service requests and communicating via Phones and / or Radios in a continuous basics during Facilities regular operating hours and transfer specific needs to other internal resources as circumstances and / or issues require.
- Ensures that high priority incidents and requests are escalated to the appropriate Foreman or Manager, particularly if there are health and/or safety concerns.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RECEPTION
- Provides exceptional customer service to a wide range of clients across the University facilities portfolio, and ensures client requirements are understood and service standards are consistently maintained.
- Monitor service attendance to requests requiring priority based in their nature
- Issue Vehicle Parking Permits for Visitors; Consultants; Contractors as and when required and provide instructions on parking areas within the Campus, as applicable.
- Support Consultants and Contractors who are working on related Facilities Campus projects by providing necessary site or meeting room access and directions to specific areas / sections of the campus.
- Assists with operational communications to all faculty and staff and general University community via agreed communication channels, including email, intranet, public website, social media, posters, banners, etc.
- Purchase Requisitions ; receive and process; verify fields contents for data filling completion; input and record contents; verify allocated CC against Operational and Capital Budgets; Scan Forms including PF and attached support documentation for tracking and reference purposes
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of details of work orders in the facilities work order system including equipment and building information and providing regular updates to users.
- Guides internal users of work order system, in completing request forms an communicating regular updates, which are appropriately responsive to client requests both planned and emergent.
- Maintains effective and efficient use of the Facilities work order system, which includes feedback on department and user experience in continuous development of customer service standards
- Responsible for maintaining the facilities Operations manual, as required, clearly documenting operational processes and procedures.
- Ensures that expenditures during a FY are submitted for payment ensuring that expenditures are allocated to the appropriate cost centre.
- Ensure that submitted Purchase Requisitions are properly completed; signing authority levels match CC allocation and CC allocated amounts are correctly assigned based on scope content.
- Accurately reconciles and keep record of :
- Expenditures as Cash receipts
- Electronic purchasing card statements
- Purchase Requisitions related invoices,
- Expenses Claims
- Other non-classified expenses / expenditures
- Ensures all expenditure are allocated to the appropriate cost center. GENERAL
- May be required to take training and act in the capacity of a floor warden as part of the University’s Emergency Preparedness Plan (Fire, W.H.M.I.S., and Earthquake).
- Performs other duties in support of Facilities mission within a University operating dynamics when and as necessary depending on circumstances at the time when the needs suggest such extraordinaire change of regular duties and responsibilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of facilities function, including day to day operations and the provision of responsive customer service.
- Well-developed knowledge and effective use of Microsoft office applications, in support of operational activities and customer service, including Word, Excel and Access/database management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facilities departmental policies, processes and procedures, in support of the University responsibilities as they relate to Facilities Operation.
- Considerable knowledge and application of facilities management software related systems.
- Capable of identifying client needs, determining the appropriate response, and assigning work activities to resolve facilities issues as required.
- Working knowledge of project management processes and procedures would be an asset.
- Experienced in roles requiring to coordinate operational related activities across the various trades within Facilities.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping processes and practices.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Completion of two years (approximately 60 credits) of post-secondary education in applied business technology or business administration.
- Three years of recent and relevant work experience in a similar Facilities environment. Must include two years’ experience using facility management software/systems.
- Courses leading to a credential in facilities management (Facility Management Professional, Sustainability Facility Professional, Certified Facility Manager) from BOMA or BOMI or IFMA
Required Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Posting Detail Information
Internal or External Position External
Interview Date (Week Commencing) 08/05/2019
Appointment Date 08/26/2019
Appointment End Date (if temporary)
Days and Hours of Work
35 hours a week. Hours may vary, and may include evenings, weekends, and non-standard work weeks.
Bridge Period (if applicable)
Pay Group 16
$3,721 to $4,187 per month, based on 35 hours a week.
Job Open Date 07/29/2019
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes