Burnbrae Farms is a Canadian family egg business dedicated to quality, health and innovation and a leading egg producer and processor with operations across Canada. The Lyn Team has an opening for an Intermediate Accountant who will take a leadership role in analyzing and reporting on the financial results of various plant locations.
The Intermediate Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller and will add value to the company by developing relationships with different departments and focusing on continuous improvement. Burnbrae is in the middle of migrating each of the plant locations to SAP and the ideal candidate would have experience working in an SAP environment.
· Prepare internal financial statements by gathering and analyzing information.
· Assist in various audits, and in the preparation of year end working papers.
· Prepare general ledger entries and reconciliations.
· Act as a resource to answer accounting and financial queries.
· Develop and implement accounting procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
· Contributes to team effort by prioritizing functions within the team and meeting deadlines.
Qualifications and Key Competencies
· Bachelor of Commerce / Finance
· SAP experience an asset
· Superior skills in the use of Microsoft applications, in particular Excel
· Attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to meet deadlines
· Self-starter, with proven time-management skills
· Outstanding analysis and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
· Strong understanding of internal controls and risk management
We invite you to submit your resume by May 30, 2020 and indicate “Lyn Accountant” in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Burnbrae Farms is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us when applying.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent