1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Why work at Specialty Health Network?
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
The Reimbursement Supervisor is responsible for the effective management of a reimbursement team within SHN in an effort to drive achievement of all client/program key performance indicators.
Nature and Scope
The Reimbursement Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the reimbursement services day-to-day operations, such as reimbursement program case load, escalations, coaching and mentoring for the Reimbursement team.
The Reimbursement Supervisor will provide ongoing support regarding the reimbursement elements of assigned SHN program(s) and manage Reimbursement Associate/Specialist performance and objectives and the reimbursement service level agreements with assigned program(s)
As the position deals with highly sensitive information, the incumbent is expected to act in a
diplomatic professional manner, and maintain SHN employee and patient confidentiality, as per SHN policy and legal requirements.
What you will do:
What you will need:
- Coach and/or advise on how to initiate appeals and/ or manage reimbursement escalations
- Coach Reimbursement team on a daily basis
- Assist with reimbursement problem solving
- Monitor the “queue” and assign patients to team members and action activities to ensure completion.
- Monitor and successfully resolve any backlog; move resources as required
- Work with team to ensure all client and dept. SLA/KPIs are achieved
- Lead team meetings
- Conduct interviews for any RS vacancy
- Complete APDR for each team member and actively participate in APDR discussion with Manager, Reimbursement
- Act as a conduit to Manager, Reimbursement and Program Managers on all reimbursement and program issues
- University degree
- Advanced working experience in the healthcare, insurance or customer service capacity.
- Exceptional knowledge of Canadian Reimbursement Landscape at both the Provincial and Private level.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Reimbursement Specialist or Health claims Adjudicator.
- Must work well under pressure, with changing deadlines from external forces, changing priorities and projects with multiple individuals within the organization.
- Incumbent must have superior relationship building skills as they deal with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.