APRIL 2020 START DATE
The person in this position will be able to work in a specified cooking area within the Club under supervision. Strengths must be shown in prep work, short order cooking, cold item/buffet work, and organization. This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and independence. High standards for quality control and food presentation are necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with Chef upon arrival about daily features, events, theme nights, mise-en-place needed to be prepared.
- Verify with Chef of any duties needed done in priority
- Contribute to creating new dishes and new ideas
- Set up stations with necessary mise-en-place as discussed with the Chef.
- Ensure all specs are adhered to, presentation as per photos and ensure that all meals are prepared and served with the highest standards.
- Responsible to inform Chef of items not available or questionable.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of his/her station, fridges and overall cleanliness of entire kitchen.
- Responsible to communicate with Chef any maintenance problems or equipment deficiencies.
- Use variety of equipment including steamer, deep fryer, stove, dicing machines, barbecue, grill, mixers, food processors and dishwasher.
- Receive orders and store in the proper fridges, freezers and storage rooms.
- When working behind a buffet, food knowledge, ingredient knowledge and food preparation must be known.
- Communicate with other shift members constantly to ensure items needed are prepared, good food rotation is ensured and that mise-en-place is kept to a minimum
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in good working order, sanitized and cleaned regularly.
- Ensure all equipment is turned off, cleaned, sanitized and locked at the end of each shift
- Perform other functions as requested by the Chef
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Culinary: 1 year (Preferred)
- cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Prepare, season and cook food as directed, meeting dietary requirements where required
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies and equipment
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes