Position Title: Shift Supervisor, Heavy Maintenance
Reports To: Senior Manager, Heavy Maintenance
Posting: Internal & External
Competition No: 16-MT2019
General: The Shift Supervisor, Heavy Maintenance reports to the Senior Manager, Heavy Maintenance and is responsible for all work assigned to them in accordance with the policies, procedures, requirements and specifications established by the company, CAR’s, and the manufacturers approved documentation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of employee responsibilities regarding safety and actively participate in the company’s Safety Management Systems program
- Responsible for assigning, supervising and controlling the work duties issued to maintenance crews.
- Conduct maintenance and repairs on company aircraft.
- Ensure that the aircraft returning to service from maintenance have all paperwork properly completed, and ensure the aircraft has a maintenance release signed for in accordance with this manual.
- Ensure sufficient manpower, tooling, components and materials are available to carry our scheduled tasks.
- Receive Inspect, and order rotables, consumables and material as required.
- Manage the assigned crew(s), and provide “on the job” direction to the technicians and learners, and verify their work for compliance within the company policies and procedures.
- Compile and report SDR findings.
- Ensure that all serviceable and unserviceable items are appropriately tagged.
- Ensure that a safe and tidy work area is available, and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Aid in establishing improved procedures for improved and efficient productivity.
- Responsible for care and custody of tools and publications associated with the maintenance activities, and to ensure tool control is maintained.
- Communicate maintenance activities with customer and maintain positive and effective communication with customer representatives.
- Exercises the privileges of their company issued ACA.
- Ensure that all maintenance functions are conducted in accordance with approved manuals and Transport Canada requirements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Base Manager
- Must be able to work various shift rotations including day and night shifts as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License with M2 Rating;
- Preference given to candidates with B737 and DH8 endorsement courses.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain Driving Airside License (D/A)
- Must be eligible and able to obtain a Restricted Area Pass (R.A.I.C)
- Must have experience in the handling of WHMIS controlled substances
- Must be able to lift objects on a continual basis
- Computer and data entry sills are required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with no stipulations
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent