Lennox and Addington County General Hospital
Dietary Worker – Notice of Interest Position Assignment: Casual Relief with Weekend Work Commitment
The Dietary Worker is responsible for all aspects of meal service for patients/residents, staff and visitors as required, in keeping with Ministry of Health and Long Term Care regulations and food safety practices.
Performs a variety of duties related to patient and cafeteria meal service.
As per Dietary Worker, Job Description:
· Food Service Worker Certification;
· Safe Food Handling Certification;
· Excellent customer service skills;
· Knowledge of therapeutic nutritional diet and asset;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
· Able to demonstrate knowledge of food services best practices (Safe food handling, food
temperatures, clean equipment etc.);
· Advanced Dietary Food Management (DFM) computer program skills, preferred;
· Working knowledge of computer applications including Meditech and Microsoft Office Suite;
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Strong organizational and time management skills;
· Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and the ability to function in a crisis situation.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
The Lennox and Addington County General Hospital is an equal opportunity employer providing a barrier free workplace supported by the Hospital’s Accessibility Plan. Persons with disabilities may request accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
The Lennox and Addington County General Hospital is a smoke free organization.
If you are interested and possess the qualifications listed above, you are invited to apply in writing to:
Human Resources, Lennox and Addington County General Hospital,
8 Richmond Park Drive, Napanee, ON K7R 2Z4.
Phone: 613-354-3301 ext. 221
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: Dietary Worker – Notice of Interest Position Assignment: Casual Relief with Weekend Work Commitment
Job Type: Casual