Located in Delta, BC, Niradia Group of Companies is a privately owned organization that has long standing experience, a proven track record and a well-respected presence in Western Canada in the construction, real estate, hospitality and property management industries.
As a Senior Accountant with Niradia Group of Companies, you will work as part of a large Accounting Team.
- Prepare and review financial statement working papers,
- Perform financial analysis,
- Prepare and review other periodic financial and management reports,
- Prepare and review financial and management ad hoc reports,
- Responsible for the timely preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting packages
- Collaborate with the AP, treasury, construction, development, hospitality and property management accounting groups to ensure the integrity and consistency of accounting records in accordance with accounting standards
- Review and post bank reconciliations, invoices and all types of journal entries, including detailed review of coding.
- Prepare and review GST reconciliations and file GST returns before deadline
- Correspond with CRA for tax related matters
- Mentor and develop junior staff by providing support and guidance
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and document improvements to accounting procedures and systems to maximize efficiency and quality in the accounting group
- Support cash management and treasury requirements
- Prepare reports and cash flow forecasts
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in either a full-cycle accounting environment or a public practice accounting firm
- High level experience in computer skills: Microsoft Office, experience using MS Excel
- Experience with Timberline, Sage is an asset
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Candidate must be legally authorized to work in Canada to be considered. We look forward to reviewing you application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Property Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Constructon: 1 year (Preferred)
- Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Real Estate: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Legally authorized to work in Canada (Preferred)
- fluent English (Preferred)