Employee Benefit Funds Administration Ltd.
Employee Benefit Funds Administration Ltd. (EBFA) is a non-profit organization that was formed in 1993 to provide administrative services to multi-employer pension, health and welfare and education trust funds. This corporation oversees the Health and Welfare benefits of approximately 5,300 electricians. The benefits include dental, vision, supplemental health, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, as well as short and long term disability benefits.
Maternity Leave Position - Claim Clerk
Claim Manager and Chief Operating Officer
The Claims Clerk under the direction of the Claim Manager/Chief Operating Officer will primarily be responsible for processing claims for the Plan, answering telephone inquiries and meeting with Plan Members. The Claims Clerk must have at least one year of benefit administration, organizational skills and be detail oriented. He/she must also have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Planning and Organizing
- Provide customer service to Plan Members, their Dependents and Beneficiaries, Trustees and Professionals by phone, e-mail, correspondence, and in person.
- Adjudicate Health and Welfare claims, including preparation of payments.
- Research and investigate claims and benefit related issues.
- Follow Department processes and procedures.
- Accurately and efficiently enter and maintain data from sources such as the Registration and Declaration of Beneficiary Form.
- Process and update premium payments from Plan Members.
- Prepare and maintain reports and statistics.
- Complete administrative tasks, including but not limited to, scanning documents, mailing, filing, faxing, and photocopying.
- Update and maintain Procedure Manual/Processor Guide.
- Training, as required.
- Testing of Funds Management System (FMS) and other computer systems.
- Assist other staff with inter-department processes and inquiries.
- Other duties, as required.
- Minimum of one year of direct work experience in a benefit plan.
- Preference will be given to those with previous benefit experience.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication skills.
- Strong ability to be self-managed, meticulous with a positive and energetic attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and fulfill required deadlines and quotas.
- Able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Adjusts and is flexible to meet changing work needs and demands.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment operation such as photocopier and fax machine.
EBFA offers competitive salary packages, Health and Welfare benefits, Pension benefits, and an incredible work environment.
Job Type: Temporary