At Properly, we are on a mission to transform the process of buying and selling homes. We envision a future where real estate transactions involve dramatically less stress and surprising simplicity, and where a trusted technology partner helps Canadians navigate the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. By harnessing the power of data science, technology, and human-centered design, we've developed a seller experience that delivers a market price offer for your home in 48 hours with the ability to close at a time of your choosing. No home showings, no repairs and staging, and no fear of the offer falling through. For home buyers, we're reimagining the whole experience from home discovery through mortgage financing and renovations to close.
Check out our CEO's note ( https://medium.com/properly-homes/properlys-cultural-norms-3393441e2f6d ) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. We are seeking team members that want to grow and expand our culture here.
Properly is headquartered in Toronto (with an additional office in Calgary, and soon to have offices across a number of other Canadian cities). We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Blackberry, Wealthsimple, Mozilla, Borrowell, etc.) and have raised funding from leading venture investors and angels including FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, iNovia Capital, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan) and others. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
Can you contribute the technical decisions and the productive culture of a growing team? Can you help your team build software that makes an impact and solves problems for homeowners? We'd love to meet you and talk about a career at Properly. We are looking for a talented web developer deeply focused on UX Tech.
Required skills and characteristics:
- We emphasize user-centric features and long-term business goals through team involvement. You can be part of directing the course of our product through Lean UX style product design.
- You will participate in the technical design and implement product design iterations and experiments.
- You will be a technical contributor in a team with a variety of professionals with expertise in complementary areas. You will bring focus and experience with UX technology.
- Your team delivers:
- Early, small scope experiments
- Complex and detail-oriented projects
- Incremental fixes to in-market products
- Full implementation responsibilities include design participation, code development, automated test development, deployment, and code maintenance.
At Properly, you'll have:
- Check out our CEO's note on the culture ( https://medium.com/@anshulruparell/properlys-cultural-norms-3393441e2f6d ) we are trying to craft at Properly. We are seeking team members that want to grow and contribute here.
- Passionate about front end technology.
- Comfortable with, and effective at using Design Thinking strategies of user focus and hypothesis testing.
- Familiar with one or more modern UX frameworks (React, Angular, etc.).
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule.
- Lots of team events and social activities.
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave.
- Excellent healthcare benefits.
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth.
- Beautiful open concept office steps from St Andrew subway station
- Snacks and coffee