Who we are:
Sterno Home is the parent company of the Candle Impressions, Mirage and Inglow Brands of Flameless Candles and Paradise Garden Lighting, Sterno Home is a division of Sterno Products LLC. As the original Flameless candle company, we sell battery-operated LED candles that look and feel like real candles. Our products are sold worldwide to major retailers such as Costco, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Michaels, Pier 1 and independent gift shops.
Under the Paradise brand name, we design, develop and manufacture a comprehensive array of innovative and top quality exterior lighting products that enhance the beauty of a home that is already filled with history and authenticity. Our team travels around the world to deliver the latest trends and newest home lighting designs ideal for lighting a pathway, accenting a landscape or to simply enhance your deck / patio living space.
To see our products, please visit our website www.sternohome.com
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Demand Planner to join our company. This person will play a key role in improving and driving accuracy of our forecasting systems by examining it from a high level and from hands on perspective. The role will involve communicating the forecasts to Sales, Operations and Supply Chain to ensure that we are responsive and able to fulfill customer (retailers) expectations. Ideal candidate will have experience in S&OP processes and how forecasting ties in is and experience working in a CPG Company. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys taking ownership of their projects and likes to see their work directly contribute to the company.
The Demand Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining unit/dollar forecast at the SKU level for Sterno Home customers, categories and sales channels. The planner will be accountable for managing forecasts, analyzing trends and working with supply chain planning on inventory plans with the goal of profitable on-time / complete deliveries to customers to meet company sales and service objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyzes current and historical customer shipment/order information and retailer POS to develop SKU level forecast demand plan
- Reviews and analyzes Sterno Home sales data and POS consumption to identify trends with item rate of sale to monitor/adjust forecast
- Updates forecast weekly and generates monthly demand plan forecast roll-up by SKU by Customer creating a forecast including baseline, promotions and new product introductions over 12-18 month horizon
- Leads monthly forecast review meetings with sales managers creating a realistic consensus forecast to meet customer orders
- Monitors demand planning metrics and drives improvement plans in customer service levels, forecast accuracy, S&OP process
- Communicates regularly with sales, supply chain, category managers, customer service and distribution team to monitor/manage retailer forecast against shipments
- Collaborates with supply chain, sales, finance to minimize financial impact of excess, slow-moving inventory and recommends future sku rationalization
- Responsible for maintenance and delivery of weekly forecast to drive weekly execution in the supply chain
- Leads/facilitates demand side discussion at monthly S&OP meeting and generates forecast summary/change by sku and weeks of supply reports for make to stock items
- Supports the annual financial planning planning process
- Collaborates with sales, category teams, and finance to develop “what-if” scenario forecasts to support financial forecasting and rough cut capacity planning
- Works with sales and category managers to forecast new products and track POS performance for new product introductions
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, operations or related business discipline
- APICS coursework/certification preferred or qualified in Basics of Supply Chain Management, Master Planning of Resources (Demand), Detailed Scheduling and Planning (Supply)
- 5-8 years of forecasting/demand planning experience; Consumer packaged goods industry experience preferred
- Functional knowledge of demand planning, logistics, procurement and production planning
- Experience and expertise in S&OP planning process
- Knowledge of various domestic and foreign distribution disciplines
- Advanced Excel skills required. Proficient with MS office including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
- Experience working with integrated ERP systems
- Expertise in applying statistical modeling options available in forecasting tools. Seasonality demand models helpful.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and solve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Solid project management skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels
- Comfortable presenting to and working directly with senior management
- Must be detail oriented and have good organizational and prioritization skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Demand Planning: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)