Department: Information Technology
Reporting to: IT Manager
The System Administrator’s role is to manage and tune in-house computer software systems to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, database admin, virtual admin to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Manage all windows operating systems and some end-user software.
- Manage Office 365 online. Including email, Office and SharePoint.
- Ensure the integrity and security on host computers in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage/support input/output fleet, including printers and scanners.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, group policies, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations.
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Analyze system, server, application, and input/output device performance.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform server software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, and reconfigurations
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Manage patching of all windows servers and PC’s.
- Manage support ticketing system
- Support security and surveillance system
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in Information Systems or 5 years of Information systems administration experience or equivalent combination.
- Microsoft MCSE or 4 years of Microsoft server environment administration experience
- Deploying office 365 and administering office 365
- C.E computer training
- Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST) or equivalent is an asset
Knowledge & Experience
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Microsoft windows desktop software.
- Support Office 365 online including Sharepoint.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including Windows Server 2012/2012R2/2016 and Active Directory.
- Remote Desktop Services, Terminal services, Application Services.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a dynamic working environment that encourages excellence, growth and achievement. A place where continued personal and professional growth is encouraged and supported. It’s an environment ideally suited for energetic, results-driven team players.
Benefits Program for all employees, after a 3 month probationary period includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Health care spending account
- 2 Weeks of vacation to start, plus flex and sick time
- RRSP company matching program
- Employee account with product discounts
- Employee referral bonuses
- Training and development opportunities
If you are interested in this position please submit a resume.
Applicants whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications to do the job will be invited to continue in the hiring process. Candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required applicants should make this known in advance so arrangements can be made.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- system administration: 1 year (Preferred)