Global Rope Access (GRA) is a dynamic company headquartered in beautiful Squamish, BC.
We value integrity, professionalism, continuous improvement and above all else, safety is our priority.
GRA provides innovative access, work and rescue solutions. We manage risk and enable success on complex projects for premier clients throughout North America, facilitated through our Squamish Office.
Our Squamish office facilitates the successful completion of projects across North America.
You will have the opportunity to help shape our business, our culture, and contribute to our collective success. We require a dynamic, highly motivated, organized individual, who takes pride in their work to prosper with us. This is a temporary position, commencing early June, running through our busy season - ideally until the end of October.
The Intermediate Staff Accountant position is accountable for the administrative and financial management operations of the company, including overseeing & mentoring the Accounting Coordinator and Project Administrator.
Utilize your accounting and interpersonal skills in this team-oriented Staff Accountant position. Based in Squamish, British Columbia, Global Rope Access is offering this position which provides an excellent work environment where effort is rewarded. If you have excellent analytical and communication skills and a can-do attitude then this role is worth checking out. Ideal start time, early June.
- Enterprise Resource Planning software implementation and ongoing management. (transitioning from QBO to Spectrum June 2019)
- Handles Fixed Assets & Depreciation
- Assists in Financial Statements preparation/ Variance Analysis/ Budgeting
- Handles Intercompany accounts
- General Accounting - Responsible for timely month-end close including preparation of financial statements in time for monthly financial meetings
- Monitor P&L for projects
- Prepare and advise on journal entries, reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Ensure accuracy of all general ledger activity, including reconciliations of all necessary general ledger accounts, and review of general ledger activity.
- Establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Cash Flow Management – Monitor cash requirements. Transfer funds as required, and liaise with bank as appropriate.
- File & Pay: GST, Federal Taxes, Alberta Corporate Taxes, US Sales & Use Taxes & US State taxes
- Prepares & processes semi-monthly payroll, summary, adjustments, garnishments, submission, journal entries, analysis, & accruals
- Record of Employment and Employment Verification
- Payroll Year-end tasks (T4's, W2’s etc)
- Setting up Payroll tax accounts (US)
- Cross border employee taxation
- Wage Garnishments
- Union Dues - Employee and Vendor Level when applicable
- File & Pay Workers Compensation premiums
- Vendor set-up/Prequalification with clients
- Set up requirements for new jurisdictions - including Workers Compensation accounts and Contractor’s Licenses
- Establish & Maintain pre-qualification status with third parties, clients and prospective clients
- Insurance requirements & renewals
- Oversee A/R
- Overseeing & approving reconciliation of A/R ledger and generates Aging Report
- Managing AR Insurance (EDC)
- Oversee & support A/P, receives, verifies, input vendor's invoices, process payments
- Overseeing & approving reconciliation of A/P ledger and generates Aging Report
- Oversee & supporting completion of bank, credit card, and merchant bank reconciliations.
- Set-up accounts with suppliers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Familiarity with Google Suite
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Speed and accuracy in data entry
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Well organized, able to prioritize effectively working within established deadlines and a strong work ethic.
- Preference would be given to a candidate with working knowledge of Spectrum or other construction ERP software.
- Flexible and adaptive to organizational and process changes
- Experience working in a small, lean organization, with broad responsibilities
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Experience with US companies &/or multi currency an asset
- 2-5 years experience, education, diploma, degree, in accounting or book keeping an asset, ideally in a construction related industry
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year