CLEARWAY - Ordinary People Extraordinary Results!
Clearway has been operating since 1973 specializing in construction, sewer and watermain, shoring, road reconstruction, bridge, concrete forming, civil utilities, marine, brownfield rehabilitation and treatment plant/pumping station and residential and commercial development, project management and general contracting.
If you are looking to work for a growing company who values the contribution of its employees and you demonstrate creativity, ingenuity, initiative and a high-level commitment then we are the company for you.
Summary: Reporting directly to the Project Manager and Project Superintendent. A Project Coordinator/Administrator at Clearway is responsible for assisting in the planning, supervision and execution of construction projects. A Project Coordinator/Administrator, assists the Project Manager and Project Superintendent in project administration and field work, communicate with clients, consulting engineers and subcontractors. Other major tasks include keeping up to date shop drawings, construction schedules, as-built drawings, contract change orders, obtain quotations, RFI's and Health and Safety documentation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Coordinator:
- Analyze specifications and construction drawings and complete/participate in completing construction plan, construction schedule, existing utility locates, material quantity takeoffs, material purchase orders and subcontracts;
- Work closely under the guidance and direction of Project Manager and Superintendent to learn Clearway construction methods and contract administration systems;
- Monitor work on site, to ensure compliance with owner's standards, design procedures, contract specifications and building codes;
- Research solutions to design problems, including conflicts, unidentified existing interferences and errors/omissions;
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent, where applicable, in the day to day duties of contract administration;
- Coordinate with subcontractors in requesting and following up on shop drawing submittals, additional work pricing and design submittals;
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining accurate and up-to-date logs (Shop drawings, RFI, RFQ, Purchase Orders, etc.), track responses and keep Project Manager and Superintendent up to date of the status;
- Assist in creating and updating as-built and maintenance manual documents;
- Perform analysis of owner/engineer and subcontractor change requests to ensure compliance with contract documents and specifications;
- Attend internal coordination and project meetings as requested/required;
- Coordinate and complete project photograph record;
- Complete additional assignments and responsibilities as requested by Project Manager or Senior Management;
- Become a candidate for promotion to Project Manager by developing good construction management skills and by learning and implementing Clearway construction methods and techniques.
As an Administrator:
- Accurate input of data in various programs used within the company in a timely manner
- Assisting with the procurement process and solicitation of vendors for Construction projects
- Able to read drawings/estimation
- Maintaining, tracking and filing of all project related documents
- Writing, organizing and preparing project proposals including lengthy narratives, project profiles and staff resumes
- Liaise between site staff and office personnel for project related matters
- Pick up and delivery of tender/project documents as required
- Assisting with tender closings working under strict time constraints and deadlines
- Post-Secondary Education/College Diploma
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Valid Ontario Drivers Licence
- Proficient in the English language (written and oral) with strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to meet and adhere to deadlines and work under strict time constraints
- Be self-motivated and driven
Job Type: Full-time
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada (Preferred)