Alvento Winery is looking for Part-Time Retail Store Staff for the Spring and Summer of 2019 . Alvento Winery is located in Vineland, adjacent to Lake Ontario. Founded in 2001, the 14 acre vineyard on the waterfront is now reaching optimal production for winemaking. Small batch wines are crafted from established vines that offer quality fruit with subtle complexities.
- Greet customers as they enter the winery in a friendly and prompt manner.
- Converse with customers about Alvento’s wines, the appellation, and Niagara tourism.
- Serve samples at the tasting bar and promote wine sales to guests.
- Process payments and sales using our Point of Sale system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct winery tours and private group tastings.
- Assist in opening, closing and cleaning duties throughout the shift.
- Stock shelves with wine bottles and specific merchandise.
- Answer phones and book tours, private tastings, and B&B reservations when needed.
- Assist with B&B custodial duties and customer service.
- Assist customers with large orders to their car.
- May be required to work the occasional off-site or evening event.
- You are passionate about wines and love to talk about them
- You can lift 40lbs and stand on your feet for an extended period of time
- You are friendly, warm, and you value customer service.
- You have your Smart Serve Certification and are at least 19 years of age
- You have your own means of transportation to and from the winery for your shift.
- You are a proactive problem solver and a team player.
- Previous winery or customer service experience is an asset.
- Education in wine, hospitality, tourism or viticulture is an asset.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Knowledge of a second language is also an asset.
All applicants: Only those considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Winery: 1 year (Preferred)