Why join us?
We’re seeking a talented Full Stack Developer Intern to join our pension technology development team as we develop exciting, interesting pension system related applications. You will be working closely with the architecture and development team under the project’s solution architect, as well as more broadly with a cross-functional team to deliver quality and leading edge digital experience. You’ll be able to quickly synthesize business requirements, research and design principles into well-considered applications. You will need to be able to identify and solve problems; explore different design solutions and present best options to the project team members and stakeholders.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Consuming and understanding business, functional and technical requirements
- Participating in solution evaluation, develop Proof of Concepts
- Collaborating with other team members to interactively design and develop new applications and features
- Working with technology platform such as Azure, Node.js and AngularJS
- Developing and maintaining complete end-to-end cross-browser compatible web applications
- Developing technical documents to accurately represent the design and code
- Participating in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and approval on designs and documentation
- Node.js, JEE, Apache, PHP, .Net, Spring
- SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, NoSQL
- Web Services (RESTful/SOAP), XML, JSON, AJAX
- AWS, Google GCP, Azure, Heroku
- Docker, Kubernetes
- UI/UX Design (Nice-to-Have)
- Android/iOS (Nice-to-Have)
ABOUT OMERS Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $97 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2018. A jointly sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers, OMERS invests and administers pensions on behalf of almost half a million active and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS has employees in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe – originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate. For more information on OMERS, visit www.omers.com .OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.