Founded in 1985, La Vie en Rose has distinguished itself as a Canadian leader in the field of lingerie and jerseys with more than 3,000 employees. The company has more than 230 stores across Canada, and our ultimate goal is to make you feel beautiful and comfortable in our lingerie and swimsuits and provide you with outstanding customer service. In addition, since 2006 we have entered the international market and our brand is now represented in 18 countries.
At La Vie en Rose, employees are the most important asset of the company. It is important for us that employees feel appreciated in their work. That's why we encourage in-house promotions and offer the best possible training to our employees so that they all develop a long and beautiful career at La Vie en Rose.
THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Photo Editor will be responsible for ready-to-wear and still life retouching and the quality control of image assets for the e-commerce department. As part of our Studio visual production team, they will ensure all retouched images are consistent with the La Vie en Rose brand guidelines and ensure that they are delivered on time. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and knowledgeable about fashion and photography.
- Retouch marketing campaign photos;
- Participate in retouching e-commerce images for both ready-to-wear and still life product;
- Retouch digital assets as directed, including masking, compositing, and color correcting;
- Retouch, upload and track product images for La Vie en Rose’s Web Studio including: Campaign images and ecom;
- Ensure color depiction of products translate digitally;
- Utilize optimal retouching approaches to achieve the La Vie en Rose art direction and deliver top quality content;
- Assist the Artistic Direction Manager with creative projects;
- Apply retouching techniques to match individual image complexity;
- Support the workflow development;
- Stay up-to-date with La Vie en Rose’s processes and creative direction.
- College diploma in Graphic Design, Photography, or a related field /related experience;
- 3 years’ experience in commercial retouching;
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and image processing;
- Advanced knowledge of photography and lighting, an asset;
- Experience in the fashion industry and/or e-commerce, an asset;
- Experience working within a Mac environment;
- Solid ability to correctly interpret light, colour, volume, and texture;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French;
- Ability to carry out creative processes in a fast paced production environment;
- Team player with great communication and interpersonal skills;
- Creative thinker with problem solving abilities;
- Proven ability to process high volumes of workflow;
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute.
** All applicants must provide a portfolio of their relevant work in retouching, including the before and after photos.
The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to have legal consequences. La Vie en Rose is committed to employment equity. La Vie en Rose has put in place an adaptation process that provides accommodation for selected candidates for an interview.