Located in the Oakridge area of Vancouver, B.C., Louis Brier Home and Hospitalis a 215 bed accredited residential facility situated next the Weinberg Residence which is home to 40 assisted living and 20 private pay complex care residents. Our mission at Louis Brier Home & Hospital/Weinberg Residence (LBHH/WR) is to provide exemplary care to residents and families within a supportive and caring community, consistent with Jewish values and traditions. As part of our resident and patient care focus, we value every resident’s right to be involved in decisions about their care, and we value families’ participation in decisions affecting their loved ones. Resident and employee safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at LBHH/WR, and as such the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. As innovative leaders in eldercare, our vision is to enrich the quality of life of Jewish seniors in everything we do.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Accountant Support assists the Business Office with the preparation of a variety of financial statements, schedules and reports and the reconciliation of bank accounts. The Accountant Support is also responsible a variety of accounts payable/receivable clerical support duties including processing invoices for payment, performing data entry, preparing bank deposits, mail out of cheques, filing and other related clerical duties as required. The Accountant Support will assist the development of the Business Office including the implementation of an automated Accounts Payable solution.
1. Compiles information and completes MIS – Continuing Care Data reports, for the Director, Finance review and submission.
2. Verifies balances of Accounts Receivable and Resident Trust funds, as prepared by Accounts Receivable Clerk. Investigates and resolves discrepancies; reports results to the Director, Finance.
3. Verifies and processes accounts payable invoices and answers accounts payable enquiries.
4. Prepares year-end and other schedules for analysis by the Director, Finance, by compiling General Ledger data.
5. Prepares, batches, balances and processes monthly journal vouchers for the general ledger. Totals journal vouchers debits/credits for the Director, Finance, review.
6. Prepares and/or assists with the preparation of other financial statements, government reports, statistical reports, and reports to auditors as required following established formats.
7. Provides routine financial reports to Department Heads as delegated by Director.
8. Monitors and analyzes computer-generated financial reports, as required.
9. Recommends changes to Business Office procedures and implements changes as approved.
10. Assists the Business Office with projects and other organizational goals, as required.
11. Reconciles special-purpose bank accounts as assigned.
12. Provides day-to-day task direction to clerical staff in Business Office, as required.
13. Relieves Payroll, AR, and Reception positions as required.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Grade 12 supplemented by completion of the fourth level of the CGA or CMA program, plus three (3) years' recent related experience or an equivalent combinations of education, training and experience.
Job Type: Regular Part Time - 3 to 6 months or longer.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources department.
Job Type: Part-time