Sales Manager – Transportation Company
Are you a Sales Leader looking for an opportunity to use your self-motivated passion and talent to enhance operational performance in a profitable and entrepreneurial business?
If yes, then please consider this outstanding opportunity as the next step in your career!
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
- A dynamic, growing company with the opportunity to take your career to the next level.
- A strong and unique “family like” corporate culture that is committed to your personal and professional growth.
- Working for a company that cares about, and contributes to, the community.
- A strong compensation package: including competitive base, potential for performance bonus, car allowance and excellent benefits.
The Sales Manager has the unique opportunity to help shape the future of our company. We are looking for an assertive and knowledgeable leader who wants to be responsible for the bottom-line results. Reporting to the General Manager, the Sales Manager will be responsible for all day-to-day sales decisions and for implementing the Company’s long and short-term sales plans.
You will work with the Executive to establish and execute on strategic, business development and operating plans to ensure the necessary framework to deliver on the mission statement each day. Growing current business lines and entering new operating markets with new product segments (while having a continuous focus on fostering current and new relationships amongst our customer base) are key objectives of this role.
You must be data-driven, with a proven ability to develop and execute effective operational strategies to improve the bottom line margins thus supporting the financial growth goals. The new Sales Manager must be a strong leader with the right attitude, the ability to lead and influence while providing direction for employees at all levels.
The position requires strong decision-making and problem-solving skills in addition to proven management skills in monitoring and evaluating performance on an ongoing basis.
LEADING THE TEAM:
- Set targets, performance plans and objective standards for the sales team
- Coach individual sales team members one on one with prospecting and sales process to improve their performance
- Ensure Team members are trained on and follow a defined sales process that is effective and builds the customer experience
- Ensure sales reps are trained and use CRM sales tool consistently
- Recruit, select, onboard and train new sales team members
- Plan and preside over sales meetings, morning huddles
- Resolve escalated customer issues and complaints regarding sales and service
- Reviewing sales deals to ensure completeness and acceptable margin attainment
- Ensure product knowledge and training is completed by the sales team
- Ensuring the sales team pay plans and incentives are aligned with company goals
- Coordinating communication with parts and service to ensure proper delivery of units to clients as promised
GROWING THE BUSINESS:
- Develop sales strategies to acquire new customers and clients
- Track sales team metrics and share with company leadership
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to develop promotional and lead generation plans and programs
- Working with the marketing team to ensure the web site is fully utilized in the support of sales promotions and displaying inventory
- Prepare sales and margin targets for new and used major units
- Develop an inventory purchase plan that maximizes inventory turns while minimizing carrying costs and non-current units
- Understanding and following manufacturer purchasing and booking programs
- Cultivating and maintaining a positive working relationship with major suppliers
Ideally you will have this background:
- 5+ years of senior leadership
- 5+ years in formal sales or business development responsibilities
- A degree, diploma and/or designation
- Ability to communicate strongly and powerfully in English - Excellent written and verbal communication skills are paramount
- Solid operational knowledge, and a strong understanding of financial and managerial reporting
- Strong people management experience
- Strong customer focus and a track record of delivering best in class service levels
- Ability to think like an owner.
TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Directive personality – solves problems in decisive manner.
- Positive and outgoing – interacts in a socially engaging manner.
- Sense of urgency – with a ‘thick skin’ and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Detail oriented – but with creative ability to get the job done.
- Strong drive to help others.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of results-orientation.
If you’re excited about this opportunity and believe you are qualified, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume, along with a cover letter that briefly responds (in 3 separate numbered paragraphs) to the following questions:
1) Relevant qualifications and work experience
2) Why you feel you are you a good match for this role - Your approach to Administration
3) Your salary expectations (ballpark – and please don’t say “negotiable” – we know )
* If you do not include a cover letter – your application will likely not be read *
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us. Please note that only those applicants selected for an Interview will be contacted.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
- People Leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Sales Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)