Midday Show Host/ Promotions Coordinator - Timmins, ON
THIS is your time to shine. An opportunity to prove yourself in a rated market not JUST on air, but by making a difference in the community too.
We have an opening for someone to anchor the midday show and be our promotions coordinator in Timmins, Ontario.
Why Vista Radio Ltd? Our Advantage:
Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista radio is privileged to operate 45 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 63 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
- Success: Small to medium size businesses have experienced the success of Vista's enterprise operating ad platform.
- Impact: Every business relies on advertising solutions, meaning your work makes a large impact on their success.
- Cutting Edge: Vista's digital marketing solutions are EXPLODING, setting us up as the advertising powerhouse.
- Creative Environment: Here at Vista we support opportunities to engage in creative, outside the box, processes. If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team. With more than 300 employees our team is passionately dedicated to their communities and are committed to generating exceptional local radio.
- Prepare and host live, locally focused radio shows & voice track/production as required
- Be involved in programming initiatives across multiple markets (promotions/contests/partnerships, on-site events, etc) for the Timmins cluster of stations
- Work hours: Monday – Friday, 09:00-17:00
- Generate ideas and execution plans to help grow the Moose FM brand across the region.
- Daily logger checks
- Regularly updating community events on the website
- Be a part of the community and make promotional appearances when required
- Assist in ensuring that the shows run smoothly and all content including Ads are included and conform to CRTC rules and regulations
- Work closely with the Program Director and the General Manager/General Sales Manager on extending brand and gaining listenership both on air and online
- Be keen with social media (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube)
- Be friendly and professional when representing station interests at community/station events
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- All other duties as assigned by the Regional Cluster Program Director or Management
- Minimum 2 years in radio broadcasting experience
- Strong audio/editing and communication skills
- Excellent On-Air skills
- STRONG organizational / interpersonal skills
- Strong social media skills a must. Knowledge of effective use of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and maintain a large social media audience
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition is required
- Experience with on-site broadcasts/remote and event set up
- Ability to relate to the local target audience
- Must enjoy a fast-paced work environment that is based on team & individual effort
- Valid driver’s license and reliable automobile
- High level of initiative/self-motivation, goal oriented
- Able to work well as a team and individually
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach
Apply at www.vistaradio.ca/careers.
Please include an audio demo file or include a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo on your resume.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
- radio: 1 year (Preferred)