OneClass is the best place you have yet to work at. As a company, our vision is to make a positive impact in the field of higher education, do meaningful work, and enjoy our journey. We are a growing education technology company with offices in Canada, USA and China. We help local and international students to succeed in college or university by providing them with digital study resources and timely personalized assistance.
A great opportunity to be the Product Lead for our newly minted mobile platform aimed to help students get accessible homework help where they need it, when they need it. As a Senior Product Manager you will be handling everything from working on iterations of the product using all user feedback to working with the developers and designers who make the product tick. This role will report directly to the Director of Products and will have you working with teams in both Canada and China.
Responsibilities of our Senior PM will include:
- Communicating with the Internal Team members about what is and isn’t working on the platform in the form of feature requests and areas of improvements
- Documenting the specifications for new features so that stakeholders, designers and developers always understand the “what” and “why” for items found in the sprint/roadmap
- Analyzing the data to report back on whether the features requested are indeed addressing the problem it was meant to resolve
- Look for growth opportunities to capture and engage leads through communicating with the requesting team on a regular basis
- Work closely with designers and developers along a feature’s life journey to make sure you become the champion for product expertise regarding this app
- Review the mockups with designers to make sure that the user flows and user experience would make sense and would address the problems you’re looking to solve
- Working with the QA to ensure that they understand the feature from end to end to start feature testing
- In some cases you are the QA who will be leading the testing round
- Writing stories and working with the developers to make sure that all cases are covered before development begins
- Constantly grooming the backlog to ensure that future work on the app is clearly defined
- Managing product features through the development cycle and answering developers’ questions as they arise
- Ensure that the features that are placed on the roadmap align with the business objectives and overall company strategy
- Manage the roadmap and ensuring that the items contained in the roadmap are communicated to all stakeholders
- Perform retrospectives not only with the Product Development team but also the users (both internal and external) to ensure that impact of features are monitored and we have that well documented
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
- Seasoned product manager with at least 3 years of product experience, preferably growing the use of a mobile app
- Fully fluent in Mandarin, must be comfortable with composing documents in Chinese and presenting in Chinese
- Technical experience preferred
- Strong communication skills to not only be able to communicate goals and objectives through to others but excellent at listening to feedback and understanding what the real pain points are
- Organization must be one of your top skills, juggling everything from communication to the roadmap is a walk in the park for you
- Strong data-oriented individual, both qualitative and quantitative
- Must have demonstrated leadership capabilities in previous role
- Project Management skills demonstrated with hitting deadlines a must.
- Highly detail-oriented, understanding all of the possible use cases of features is something that you find easy to do.
- Strong aptitude with what the users want from your product and using that as your North Star
- Passionate about making education more accessible and equipping students with the tools for success
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Product Management: 3 years (Required)