Healthcare Security Guards work at a variety of health facilities. The job may be physically and emotionally demanding due to the various emergencies and the stress they may bring. This job is a casual position with the ability to work up to full time hours, although not guaranteed. Applicants are required to be able to work a variety of shifts including days and overnight shifts, including weekends and must be able to travel to and from the Crowsnest Pass area in all weather conditions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Access control within and out of the facilities and report or investigate
- While on patrol, monitor risks such as unlocked doors, blocked entrances and
exits, mechanical issues, hazardous material and additional breaches of
- Monitor patient safety and report any changes to Protective Services and/or
- Monitoring situations, cameras, property and events
- Report all incidents as per specific site regulations
- Respond to alarms and emergency calls for assistance
- Ability to obtain a valid security license
- Class 5 drivers licence with access to a vehicle
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills while remaining professional
with a tactful demeanor.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain routine logs
- Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in
emergency response situations with minimal supervision
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information.
- The ability to perform under pressure and in adversity.
- Ability to walk 18/20km and stairs
Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experiences and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! Whether you're an experienced security professional, working towards a career in law enforcement, or have never considered security before, if you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers. Only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.