Do you want to work with one of Canada’s top oil and gas companies represented by an award-winning staffing agency? Look no further and join the Spirit circle today!
Our large and well-established Oil and Gas client is looking for an eager and analytical Junior Engineering Project Manager (Special Projects) in Toronto, ON to support with the client organization's Retail station construction program.
What's in it for you?
- Work with a large and well-established Oil and Gas company, with possibility of extension or permanent placement.
- This role is located in Toronto, ON and requires significant travel to municipal offices and construction sites around the GTA area. Occasional travel to Ottawa and Western Canada may also be required. Flexibility to work from an home office is available.
- Full time shifts; Monday to Friday. Schedule may vary due to travel requirements.
- 2 year contract; This position is looking to start immediately with an expected review date of November 17, 2021. (expected review date will be adjusted to start date once successful candidate is found)
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits.
- Representation by an award-winning staffing agency that invests in you professionally and takes the time to guide you through the process.
Did we peak your interest yet? If you have strong experience in permit and regulatory applications and have experience in working with local municipal permitting authorities, in addition to a solid understanding of retail businesses, engineering and construction then we want to hear from you! Apply Today!
The Junior Engineering Project Manager is responsible for supporting local permitting and construction activities. Ideally the candidate will have experience working with local municipal permitting authorities.
- Work with client organization's partner agencies to progress permit applications.
- Act as client organization's main contact to meet with Municipal and Developer representatives, to expedite permit application progress.
- Gain understanding of client organization's Retail Station key design areas, and be able to review and negotiate design adjustments as requested by the municipalities.
- Communicate status with client organization's management team and partners.
- Act as client organization's representative on Construction site visits, conduct health and safety reviews Work with developers, landlords and neighbors when needed to expedite construction.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Registered P.Eng or EIT designation is preferred and considered an asset.
- 2-3+ years experience in permit and regulatory applications. Experience working with local municipal permitting authorities is highly preferred.
- 2+ years of previous experience in retail businesses, engineering and construction is preferred and considered an asset.
- Intermediate level of all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Ability and resilience to work under high pressure time deadlines.
- High level of Interpersonal / Relationship management skills is required.
- Previous experience in managing multiple internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicating progress / status reports to internal leadership team.
- Previous experience in promoting Health and Safety culture and execution.
- Valid Canadian Class 5 driver’s license with clean drivers abstract.
- Must be able to travel to GTA area as required, with occasional travel to Ottawa and Western Canada.
- If this position is classified as safety risk sensitive, you must also be able to pass pre-access drug & alcohol testing.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Authorized to legally work in Canada (eligible to work in the country for the duration of the assignment).
CLOSES DECEMBER 15, 2019 OR SOONER IF A SUCCESSFUL IS CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED - APPLY ASAP ON OUR WEBSITE https://spiritstaffingandconsultinginc.applytojob.com/apply/syPs61FK5X/Junior-Engineering-Project-Manager-Special-Projects-9706264-1
**We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly**
Looking for more opportunities? Check out our website at www.spiritstaffing.org.
Don't see a posting that suits you? Apply to our "General Application" and our recruiters will get in touch when they have a job that fits you!
Follow us "Spirit Staffing & Consulting Inc" on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter for all our new postings.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- retail businesses, engineering and construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- permit and regulatory (working with local municipalities): 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, word and powerpoint): 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)