ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the daily operation, guest service and staff related issues for the restaurant.
- Provides input on employee performance to the F&B Outlet Manager.
- Prepares employee schedules: edits and approves timesheets.
- Ensures timely food delivery.
- Follows all established policies and procedures and enforces Liquor and Health Policies.
- Performs opening and closing duties for credit card batching including POS; Performs POS system changes, Promo Voids, QSA’s, etc.
- Leads by example and assists on the floor as required.
- Reduces costs and increases revenue through up-selling techniques.
- Assists with the daily management of Food and Liquor Inventory Systems: Assists with the daily tracking of labour.
- Responsible for scheduling all employees within department.
- Responsible for daily payroll adjustments and updates as required.
- Manages 6-15 subordinates in the beverage area. Is responsible for assisting the Front of House Outlet Manager in providing direction, coordination and evaluation of the beverage team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees’ planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Computer literacy in MS Office: POS experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of Food and Beverage experience
- Minimum of 6 months of supervisory experience
- Must be available to work both opening and closing schedules
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 education or suitable combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings.
- Basic Math skills are required
- Takes actions, makes recommendations, beyond the scope of essential duties, which may impact other departments.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Essential duties require lifting 50 or more pounds; and working a standard workweek with additional hours on a routine basis.
- Essential duties involve working with large numbers of people while primarily in an inside environment, which is frequently loud or containing high noise levels.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
- Various general office equipment is used, including: computers, photocopiers and staplers, POS system.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food and Beverage: 2 years (Preferred)