York Care Centre is one of Atlantic Canada’s leading long term care and senior housing facilities. As an organization, we’re committed in our efforts to meet the needs and enrich the lives of our residents through a thriving community of professionals dedicated to creating an environment of care and nurturing.
At present, we are currently seeking applicants for the position of a full-time Activity Coordinator.
The primary purpose of the position is to plan, develop, organize, implement, and validate Therapeutic Recreation programs designed to meet the social, cultural, recreational, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of the resident of York Care Centre.
- Plan, develop, organize, promote and coordinate individual and group activities such as daily activity programs, outings, special events, etc.
- Collect information on resident's capacities, limitations, interests and adapt activity programs accordingly
- Assist residents with personal hygiene and assist with meals
- Prepare daily, monthly, and annual reports
- Communicate with residents, team members, staff, families, volunteers and community members regarding activity events.
- Successful completion of Bachelor's degree with specialization in Gerontology or successful completion of the Therapeutic Activity Professionals course.
Please submitted your application in confidence to Shelley Kenny, Manager Human Resources. Please include 'Activity Coordinator' in the subject line of the email.
Job Type: Full-time