OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Do you enjoy working with leading platform technologies, and have a desire to help customers migrate their workloads from on-premise solutions to public and private clouds? Are you experienced in core systems administrator (Windows and Linux), migration techniques/tooling and have proven track-record of troubleshooting difficult issues in real-time?
RiverMeadow's rapidly growing Migration Delivery team is looking to hire candidates with hands-on experience migrating applications/data across all the industry leading private and public cloud platforms. Migrating an organizations data and applications to modern public and private cloud solutions is one of the most important steps in any cloud journey, and RiverMeadow is looking to add key talent that can deliver efficient and effective migrations for our customers. We pride ourselves on great customer experiences and outcomes, and look for our team to take the same pride in their roles.
A successful candidate must have systems administration experience with Windows and Linux operating systems; hands-on experience with traditional hosting technologies (e.g. server virtualization, dedicated hosting); public cloud experience with one or more leading cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google and VMware); experience working with remote teams across time zones, and collaboratively creating / improving standard operating procedures and runbooks is key.
· Execute migrations using RiverMeadow's Migration SaaS Platform
· Create, maintain, and use Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for migration execution
· Create, maintain, and execute migration runbooks/tasks
· Work with Engagement/Project Managers to provide timely status updates on project/engagement
· Multi-task in an environment of changing priorities
· Work closely across teams (Support, Solution Architecture) and peers to establish and follow best practices while solving customer problems
· Continually expand knowledge in the areas of new technological developments and trends Qualifications
· Up to 20% Travel required when needed
· Good written and verbal communications skills
· Solid problem-solving abilities coupled with a bias for action
· Experience working with enterprise customers
· Demonstrated, strong analysis capabilities and technical knowledge by providing supportable technical solutions
· Attention to detail in documenting information and ability to show ownership of follow through in customer resolutions
· Expertise in OS, networking and cloud architecture fundamentals
· Hands-on knowledge for migrating OS workloads
· Strong CLI and API technology use experience (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Bash, YAML or JSON)
· Knowledge of core cloud products and services (e.g. Azure, VMware (vSphere / vCloud Director, AWS, Google)
· Understanding of migration concepts and mechanisms (e.g. The 6 Rs; synchronization mechanisms - block, image, file; sequencing and application grouping; landing zone/blueprints)
· Knowledge or worked in a migration factory construct
· Must be fluent in English
· General knowledge of areas of business operations beyond IT
· Professional Services consulting/engineering experience
· Working knowledge or exposure to Agile teams
· Experience of broader additional Cloud Product sets such as server-less, data analytics, automation, etc.
· Have a fully flexible approach to working hours
· Requires a high school diploma/GED or equivalent. Associate degree in technical field preferred.
· 7-10+ years of relevant technical experience required, including a minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in migration, implementation, and production management
· Advanced knowledge and experience on at least one industry leading platform
· At least one top tier technical certifications in a highly desired technology domain preferred.
· Used migration tools such as Carbonite Move, NetApp, PlateSpin Migrate, Azure Migrate etc.
· Used discovery tools such as CloudEndure , CloudScape, Dynatrace etc.
· Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
· Experience in automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, Bosh, Terraform or an equivalent.
· Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket or equivalent
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL DBs such as SQL, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB.
· Solid understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks.
· Understanding of code and script such as: PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby.
Reference ID: PS - 0001/Apr/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent