(ALTERNATE TEACHING PARENT)
Closer to Home Community Services (CTH) is a Calgary and Airdrie based not-for-profit agency that delivers a
variety of services designed to meet the needs of vulnerable children and their families. Be a part of an innovative team
- A future where every child will belong to a family and feel valued and secure
- All families can care for their children and contribute meaningfully in their community
- A broad array of strength-based and family-centered services that teach, coach and support families to
create new possibilities and achieve better futures together
About the Position:
- This permanent full-time position, in Calgary or Airdrie, works closely with a team of professionals to support
children and youth in a community group home.
- The Group Home Worker’s primary responsibility is to facilitate success for children and youth by assisting with
day to day activities and routines, implementing skill development strategies, managing crisis, assisting with
school difficulties and providing relief coverage.
- Utilizing the Teaching-Family Model, Group Home Workers encourage the development of close relationships and
relevant skills which enable children and youth to successfully integrate back into their families and communities.
- You are eager to learn and carry out the principles and philosophy of Closer to Home and the Teaching-Family
- You possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively communicate
with and relate to people of all ages.
- You are extremely detail oriented and organized and can manage multiple priorities at one time.
- You are a compassionate individual with a positive and empathetic approach.
- A diploma or degree in a related field is preferred and previous experience working with vulnerable children and
families is an asset.
- Willing to work an unstructured work week, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The successful candidate must also have a valid Alberta Driver’s License, adequate and current insurance and be
willing to provide a driver’s abstract upon hire. In addition, a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector
Search and an Intervention Record Check must be completed prior to commencement.
All positions at Closer to Home Community Services require (5) competencies: Instills Trust,
Consumer Focus, Communicates Effectively, Situational Adaptability and Ensures Accountability.
We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, disability, (2) weeks holidays
and a generous Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume to:
Until suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.closertohome.com.