SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Under the general direction of the Warehouse Supervisor/Manager, the Picker Packer Material Handler is responsible for picking out and packing orders for shipment on a daily basis.
*MUST BE REACH TRUCK CERTIFIED*
*Hours 10:00am - 6:30pm
- Responsible for accurately pulling product by type and quantity from stock locations using a pick ticket or invoice.
- Checking the pulled product against what is indicated on the ticket; neatly label any items requiring labels and pack items in the correct boxes to be shipped.
- Using the correct pallet for the required specifications, stack items for the most solid and durable transport.
- Using the wrapping machine, wrap the product securely. Verify that the pallet is stable and apply appropriate paperwork to the pallet.
- Responsible for rotating between various jobs including pulling items to be packed, packing items, loading pallets, and wrapping skids.
- Adjust to changes in the Shipping Department to meet daily requirements.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Must be reach truck certified .
- Ability to learn how to use the RF (radio frequency) gun.
- Ability to use pallet jack.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements per each customer’s requirements.
- Previous picking experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret pick tickets for proper product picks and quantities
- Ability to learn warehouse layout in order to organize picking process in a logical manner.
- Ability to learn and familiarize oneself with the paperwork associated with material handling aspects.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- forklift operator: 1 year (Preferred)