General Maintenance is responsible for responding maintaining the hotel facilities in optimum operating condition, by performing preventative maintenance and repairs on hotel building systems (including heat, light, power, air conditioning, plumbing and refrigeration). He/she must have the ability to communicate and interact with guests, work independently and productively and prioritize and handle multiple assignments. This position is ideal for a team oriented, versatile, well groomed hospitality professional. In this role the General Maintenance must have a willingness to learn and to exhibit growth on a personal and professional level.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, retrofits or other tasks as assigned by the management team in a safe manner within shop practices and hotel standards
- Operate and monitor all building systems.
- Consistently offer professional, engaging, and friendly service and respond to all guest concerns in a professional manner.
- Is a member of the crisis response team and able to deal with emergency situations including fire prevention, fire alarms, injury, illness, and first aid.
- Inform management team of all requirements and events as they pertain to the Maintenance Department.
- Take corrective action, where required, to improve and maintain safety of work areas.
- Assist the room attendants with housekeeping duties as is required.
- Receive and complete guest and associate requests within a standard period of time.
- Appropriately sort and dispose of garbage and recycling from floors.
- Maintain and stock supplies on carts and in linen rooms.
- You will be expected to perform the following duties as is required and or on a scheduled bases. You will also be expected to perform additional duties on a regular or as need basis:
- Keep the parking lot and all other areas of the exterior hotel clean of debris and garbage.
- Perform regular maintenance of the hotel fountain.
- Set up meeting room requirements.
- Tear down meeting room requirements.
- Sweep, mop and scrub floors.
- Empty waste containers.
- Wash windows.
- Perform minor repairs on heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs of plumbing systems
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on electrical systems.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on appliances.
- Move and perform minor repairs of furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Paint and repair wallpaper and drywall where necessary.
- Perform weekly, monthly and yearly routine maintenance jobs around the hotel facility
- Water and tend to plants.
- Perform lawn maintenance as is required.
- Perform maintenance of fire protection equipment.
- Perform maintenance of the pool as required and if applicable.
- Perform regular maintenance of interior and exterior lighting.
- Clean snow and apply salt on walkways.
- Clean carpets
- Pick up cribs, cots, microwaves, etc from guest floors in a timely fashion.
- Assist with laundry as is required (washing, drying, and organizing)
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the hotel’s public space by cleaning all assigned areas thoroughly on a daily basis.
- Clean and polish floors, windows, mirrors, walls, and offices as scheduled.
- Clean outdoor ashtrays, litter outside of hotel, and empty garbage.
- Use housekeeping chemicals as necessary to clean assigned areas to standard.
- Develops plans for completing routine preventive maintenance and renovations; coordinates work with hotel department managers.
- Perform all duties, responsibilities, and other projects required in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Patrol the building and grounds frequently to ensure areas are free of unauthorized persons.
- Strong knowledge and use of Monte Carlo Inns Maintenance Department Procedures Manual.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all associates to foster and promote a cooperative and strong work environment.
- At all times projects a favorable image of the Monte Carlo Inns to the public.
- And other duties as is assigned.
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- Electrical, Plumbing, and other trades experience is an asset
- Trades certification would be an asset
- Energetic and flexible, able to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent guest service skills
- Previous customer service experience an asset
- Self-motivated, creative, capable of working in a team environment
- First Aid, WHMIS, an asset
- Standing, moving, bending
- Evening, weekends and holiday hours as required
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Able to work a variety of shifts
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
- general maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)