Hollyburn Country Club is a private family Club that provides its members with an exclusive hub for activity, sport, dining, entertainment, socialization and business. Located in the beautiful British Properties in West Vancouver, the club is a short 5 minute drive from Park Royal or a bus right to the front gate.
The Sports Boutique is named after its eclectic blending of sports and unique boutique items. The Sports Boutique specializes in finding and supporting local artists and designers, sourcing items that you won’t find at your local mall.
We pride ourselves on the excellent employee experience that we offer and we are firm believers that everyone should enjoy their work. We offer benefits for both full and part time employees, employee engagement initiatives (staff events and games), employee recognition programs and development opportunities.
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Liz Morrison – Sports Boutique Manager
Location: Hollyburn Country Club, 950 Cross Creek Road, West Vancouver, BC
- Welcome members and guests into the store and answer their questions
- Assess customers’ needs and provide/offer assistance to ensure member satisfaction
- Product knowledge: provide information on product features
- Build productive trust relationships with members
- Smile! And laugh out loud!
- Process vendor shipment errors and claims
- Receive and price merchandise
- Process vendor invoices and enter inventory into the system
- Photocopy and file as needed
- Be in charge of special orders from members and within the Club’s internal departments
- Sports Boutique internal weekly updates
- Written and oral communication with company/vendor representatives
- Interdepartmental event communication
- Inventory counts
- Create the outline for the monthly On-Hold Message
- Prepare the Creative Briefs required for the promotional materials for the Club magazine (The View), weekly e-newsletter, poster and digital displays
- Create in-store sales posters
- Merchandising and window displays
- Planning the marketing strategy for the event calendar year
- Must be able to work late hours due to Club events and inventory taking
- Available for a 7-day rotation roster; available to work flexible shifts
- You are able to switch focus almost instantly to keep up with the fast paced environment
- You are personable, adaptable and service-oriented
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales associate, Sales representative or similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal, multi - tasking and organisational skills
- Drivers licence and vehicle preferred
- You agree to get a Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search at your local Police Department immediately upon being hired --- you will be reimbursed for this expense in full.
- You go above and beyond to demonstrate awareness and understanding of Hollyburn’s aim to deliver exceptional service to its members.
- Competitive wages & extended health benefits*
- On-duty staff meals (taxable benefit for full-time and part-time employees only)
- Free on-site parking
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Development and educational opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
- Seasonal staff team building events & activities
- Exclusive access to Facebook At Work©, our new internal communication tool for HCC Staff
- Staff discount in the Sports Boutique
*PT and FT staff eligible for benefits after passing 3-month probationary review
Sounds like Hollyburn Country Club will be a great fit for you? Apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- West Vancouver, BC (Preferred)