Binary Stream Software is proud to be named to the Best Workplaces in BC List for 2021 and one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2021. We were founded just over 20 years ago by our CEO who is passionate about people, culture, and products. Binary Stream is an award-winning, Microsoft Gold certified partner that develops enterprise-grade software to enhance Microsoft Dynamics 365.
We are excited to grow our Dynamics 365 Business Central team with a full-time role for a Quality Assurance Analyst.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Technical Product Manager, the Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for testing company software to ensure our products meet customer requirements and conform to functional design and organizational quality standards.
- Analyze customer requirements and design specifications, participate in product review meetings to provide identified suggestions and feedback.
- Conduct back-end testing, execute SQL queries and inspect data.
- Execute functional, fix verification, regression, compatibility, system, integration, performance and usability types of testing as required.
- Create test plans and test cases for small to medium features.
- Perform Load and Stress testing.
- Perform complex manual testing based on test cases.
- Verify fixes to Medium to High priority defects.
- Analyze and reproduce issues raised by customers.
- Assign severity and priority to issues raised.
- Create and maintain product training material.
- Act as a resource to more junior staff and provides them with orientation/knowledge on specific product areas.
- Demo complex features to internal stakeholders.
- Review accuracy of help documentation.
- Provide constructive feedback during CDR and identify project scope.
- Identify Gaps in the design.
- Conduct R&D for small to medium features.
- Create automation scripts and recordings.
- Verify regression results, debug issues.
- Maintain automation scripts.
- Solid understanding of quality assurance and testing methodologies relative to software development lifecycle.
- Intermediate knowledge of automated testing tools.
- Intermediate knowledge of database queries.
- Intermediate knowledge of financial ERP modules.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or QA certification, and or equivalent work.
- 3-5 years’ of software testing experience.
- 2+ years of experience testing ERP software.
- Experience working in an agile environment is considered an asset.
- Experience supporting new employees and taking on a more lead role for 1+ projects per year.
Who are we?
We are a diverse and inclusive team who care about each other and work collaboratively to produce high quality software solutions. We have a great culture based on our values of Team, Innovation, and Growth, and are aligned to our vision of “enabling the growth of our people and customers”. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, 3 weeks of vacation to start, RSP matching, professional development dollars, profit sharing, employee stock options, plus more. Visit our career page to learn more about us.
For over 20 years we have been committed to a workplace where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We are always learning and growing and would love for you to learn and grow with us. Apply now.
Please note that we will ask you to complete a criminal background record check as a condition of employment. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Binary Stream Software.