Aldea Engineering Services Ltd, a regional engineering firm, is seeking a Senior Tunnel Engineer/Project Manager to join our team in our Montreal, QC office. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years working on major underground and tunnel projects, including drill and blast tunnels and caverns in both design and construction roles. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Project Management – including development of proposals, cost estimates and schedules.
- Lead teams and produce - technical deliverables according to client specifications.
- Ability to communicate - technical and non-technical information in a concise, professional manner, including facilitation of technical meetings and workshops with owners, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Engineering Calculations – produce engineering calculations in support of tunnel and underground structure design.
- Review geotechnical reports - develop design parameters from geotechnical reports.
- Technical Writing – proficiency in technical writing including independent development of Technical Memoranda, Letters, and Reports.
- Contract Documents – preparation of construction plans and specifications, and calculation/design reports.
- Reporting – proficiency in preparation of Technical Memoranda, Geotechnical Data Reports (GDR’s), and Geotechnical Baseline Reports (GBR’s)
- Increase Aldea’s visibility with internal and external professionals by participating in regional initiatives, conferences, committees, and community associations, including any identified industry activities.
- 10 years minimum working on major underground and tunnel projects in design and construction roles.
- Working directly for construction contractors and use of alternative delivery methods experience is essential
- Experience with precast concrete segment design and experience with soil-structure interaction modeling preferred.
- North American experience strongly preferred. International experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Master Degree required
- Professional Engineer (PEng) License required; Licensed in Quebec strongly preferred
- Travel required 10-15%
Submit Resume with Cover Letter
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein
- drill and blast excavation in an urban area: 1 an (Souhaité)
- engineering tunnel design and construction: 10 ans (Requis)
Certificats et autres accréditations:
- Professional Engineer License (Souhaité)