Job title: Front Desk Manager
Responsible to: General Manager
Responsible for: Front Desk Agents/ Night Auditors
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE
To be committed to the development of a motivated, organized and empowered Guest Services team to provide the level of service, professional work standards and guest care required by LHM standards and contribute to the overall profitability of the property.
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Respond to guest’s special requests, needs, problems, issues and concerns and accommodate groups to ensure optimal levels of guest satisfaction and repeat business.
3. Implement company programs and supervise the daily operations of the Front Desk to comply with SOPS, maximize revenues, and motivate associates to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
4. Supervise the Guest Service Agents. Proactively guide and monitor the achievement of standards and empower individual team members to achieve professional work standards, exceptional guest care and contribution to revenue goals
5. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation.
Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
6. Ensure all Guest Services team members are skilled in the use of the computer system in accordance with laid down procedures.
7. Ensure the accurate running/checking of computer reports by night audit and day staff to achieve timely submission of figures to the General Manager.
8. Ensure total hospitality is displayed by every member of the team with proactive selling of property facilities, special Company promotions and local facilities.
9. Ensure security of cash, credit card, safety deposit boxes* and keys and facilitate timely pick up/delivery of cash in line with Company policy. (* delete if not appropriate)
10. Ensure accuracy of all guest billing with adherence to the Credit Policy and responding promptly to any questions from the corporate office.
11. Ensure the switchboard is answered promptly and pleasantly
12. Ensure professional and systematic implementation of procedures relating to group bookings in accordance with company policy and Yield Management targets, maintaining effective communication with the Sales team as appropriate.
13. Ensure Housekeeping is informed of early check-ins/late check-outs/day rooms and a close liaison is maintained by team members with both Maintenance and Housekeeping regarding “ready” rooms in line with property policy.
14. Ensure team member understanding and provide guidance and motivation on basic yield management and selling principles in order to maximize on Revenue Per Available Room and achieve or exceed rooms budget.
15. Keep Central Reservations, where applicable to the property, updated on property facilities/special promotions as required by company policy and fully utilize availability markers and other yield management tools to maximize on revenue.
16. Establish a record of regular guests and special requirements in order to develop repeat business and customer
17. Assist the General Manager*/Operations Manager*/Rooms Division Manager* in producing the Property
Forecast by accurate projection of rooms related revenue and expenses.
18. Ensure provision of a timely and professional shuttle service with full compliance with the company driving policy and accurate submission and monitoring of expenses in accordance with company policy.* (* delete if not applicable)
19. Maximize on brand promotions/materials where applicable to the property.
20. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
21. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To be competent in the scheduling of staff and forecasting of revenues and expenses to achieve effective cost control as required by company policy.
2. To achieve effective communication by briefing and debriefing staff, together with regular departmental meetings as required by company policy.
3. To ensure full adherence to hygiene, health, safety and emergency procedures as required by law and company policy.
4. To carry out any reasonable request.
5. To ensure adequate supply of materials and equipment with adherence to the department budget through the
Purchase Order System and inventory controls as required by company policy.
6. To be responsible for hiring, orientation, training, appraisal and discipline of staff following procedures laid down by company policy.
7. To ensure that standards of punctuality, staff appearance and dress are maintained at all times in line with property and company policy.
8. To maintain a professional profile within the property accepting the responsibility of Manager on Duty as requested by the General Manager and achieving standards required by company policy.
9. To generate team commitment to achievement of the company, property and department Mission Statements.
10. To carry out the duties of a staff member or provide assistance as necessary to achieve required standards, productivity and guest care.
11. To ensure all staff are competent in the safe and effective use of equipment/chemicals in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
12. To be committed to guest satisfaction with any comments or complaints being actioned by following procedures laid down by property and company policy.
13. To ensure compliance with company and house rules.
14. To ensure adherence to procedures laid down in the Property Crisis Communication Plan in line with company policy.
15. To contribute to the security of the building, company assets and guest/co-worker safety by ensuring full adherence to security procedures and proper handling of keys/cash by all department members in line with company policy.
16. To complete month end and year end duties in line with company policy.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$54,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Hotel has yet to open. We will follow ALL Municipal, Provincial and Brand mandates at time of opening
- Front Office Management: 3 years (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)