Location: Guilford Seniors Village
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the General Manager and/or Director of Care, the Registered Nurse is the role model
and team leader who coordinates and supervises the activities and duties of those who deliver
direct resident care. The Registered Nurse performs duties and monitors departmental activities
in accordance with established standards, regulations, policies and procedures to maximize
resident focused care while maintaining resident respect and dignity.
Include but not limited to;
1. Assess residents’ needs and record in the Care Management system; plans, implements and
evaluates resident care.
2. Coordinates and supervises care staff; directs their work and assigns duties as necessary to
ensure focused resident care is provided and resident rights are observed.
3. Liaises with physicians, community agency representatives, families, visitors and volunteers.
4. Administers medications and treatments as per established standards, regulations, policies
5. Provides direct care to residents as necessary to ensure quality resident focused care.
6. Ensures equipment and supplies are stored and maintained as per policy and procedures.
Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to appropriate manager.
7. Maintains paper and electronic documents as per established standards, regulations, policies
and procedures, ensuring confidentiality is maintained as per policies.
8. Liaises with other disciplines and departments to ensure quality focused resident care.
9. Participates in orientation of new employees.
10. Provides work direction to other care staff and provides informed input into staff evaluations.
11. Actively participates in facility programs, meetings, committees and educational inservices
12. Maintains an up to date knowledge of facility policies and procedures, particularly those
concerning the administration and recording of medications, safety and emergency
procedures and appropriate aseptic techniques.
13. Encourages and adheres to a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that each individual
is capable of, to varying degrees; making decisions about his/her life and is a partner in the
14. Maintains a safe environment for clients/family unit and staff, through
(a) accident prevention,
(b) knowledge of emergency procedures and regulations,
(c) using skills, physical facilities, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately, and
(d) utilizing infection control procedures.
15. Performs other related duties as required
1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing, current active registration with the BC College of
Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) as an RN. BSN preferred.
2. Additional training and previous experience in the care of the frail elderly and physically and
mentally handicapped persons.
3. Valid First Aid Certificate
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in the English language.
2. Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases, physically able to perform
repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walking as required to perform the duties of
3. Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend,
stand and walk as required to perform the duties of the position.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $32.75 to $40.44 /hour