WE LOOK FOR RADICALLY BETTER
When you join Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that really matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless. We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
Armed to the teeth with technology, we are diving deeper into the world of traditional banking, showing a lost generation that things can be done better. Things can be different. From tearing down financial borders to mending the broken trust, we are the disruption that is needed. We are looking for a Senior Counsel to advise on our Canadian launch and operations and advise on a variety of legal and regulatory matters.
This role will be based in Toronto, working closely with the Head of Operations - Canada and the Legal team at headquarters in London. The position will report directly to the Head of Legal - North America.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
- Have deep knowledge and experience in Canadian law, and provide time-sensitive support on a wide array of legal inquiries in connection with all aspects of Canadian operations
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of commercial agreements, including third party agreements, operations agreements, services agreements, partnerships, and marketing agreements
- Identify and consult on legal risks in connection with the development of new products
- Liaise with specialist external counsel in relation to original new products, expansion into new market verticals and areas relating to compliance, privacy, or security
- Develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract negotiation and processes
- Develop and maintain form agreements, contract management systems, and other databases
- Serve as lead counsel on strategic deals, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
- Drive all ongoing compliance review processes, including necessary filings, policies and procedures
- Monitor changes and proactively handle regulatory developments, and liaise with financial regulators
- Provide time-sensitive support on a wide array of legal inquiries in connection with all aspects of Canadian operations
- Identify and consult on legal risks in connection with the development of new products in Canada
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong client-service and customer orientation and strengths in forming good working relationships
- High degree of independence, initiative, and decisiveness
- An enthusiasm and drive for delivering results
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
- Strong experience in advising clients on commercial contract matters (past experience in: regulatory, IP, IT is a plus) across a broad range of areas including Financial Services, Technology, and Corporates
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Hold a current practicing certificate
- 8+ years of strong experience as a private practice lawyer dealing with financial services at a top law firm (and preferably) some in-house experience as well
- Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
- Ideally, you have experience or are able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of FINTRAC’s guidelines, privacy laws, and the payments regulatory space
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Skip the commute and work from home once a week
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- Health & Dental coverage