To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, we are looking for a high energy, results focused individual for the following role:
HVAC Service Technician
Reliance™ has been providing affordable, reliable home heating, cooling, hot water, water purification and plumbing products and services to Canadians for more than 50 years. Our customers know they can count on us for fast, friendly, knowledgeable service and advice – and that’s comfortable!
Every day, 2200 Reliance team members focus on delivering a great customer experience, attracting great talent and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2018, we donated over $475,000 to United Way and $200,000 in product and services to Habitat for Humanity. This untiring dedication is what will drive profitable growth and help us fulfill our vision: to be the fastest growing and the largest provider of heating and cooling systems, and water heater, plumbing and water purification services in North America.
Reliance is a $750 million business today having doubled in size and team members over the last 5 years. We are proud to be recognized by Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, while our CEO Sean O’Brien was recognized as one of Canada’s most admired CEO’s, and a Glassdoor ‘Best Places to Work’ winner. Reliance is passionate about our team members’ growth and success, and we proudly offer a Technical Training Assistance Program, access to tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave for eligible team members. Progressing team members’ careers helps us maintain our reputation of having the most knowledgeable technical Team Members in the HVAC industry.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Ability to promote, educate, and communicate effectively to customers various HVAC options
- Perform all maintenance, service and installations in accordance with manufacturer specifications
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each and every call.
- You are a proud ambassador for our company.
- Maintain, repair, perform diagnostics, on operation of existing residential equipment
- Perform general and specific equipment inspections
- Correctly instruct customers on proper care and maintenance.
- Explain the value of Reliance products, services and programs on every call
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all modern equipment and regulations
- Received certificate of qualification (C of Q) as an Air Conditioning Mechanic (Ontario – 313d).
- Must have a Gas Technician II license.
- Must have valid Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) card.
- Must meet Company requirements with respect to general qualifications.
- Completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have at least a Class G Driver’s License.
- 3 – 5 years of field experience in service of Water Heaters & HVAC equipment, would be an asset.
- Be willing and able to work rotating shifts and standby duties as required.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position, i.e. occasional lifting of 15 kg up to shoulder height, frequent bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working inside and outside in all types of weather within environments that can be dusty and/or slippery.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to understand/learn new technologies (i.e. Electronics/ electricity).
- Very punctual and dependable.
- Must be willing to wear Company provided uniform.
- Maintain company vehicle to neat clean and safe standard.
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally .
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.