Boss is a major manufacturer, wholesaler and distributor of premium industrial and commercial lubricant products, supplying them throughout Central and Western Canada and the Northern and Central United States. With our continued growth strategy and our goal to grow our brand in Western Canada, we are looking for an experienced Class 3 Driver to join our team to help them achieve greater efficiencies and maximize production levels to satisfy increasing demands.
Boss Lubricants offers competitive wages, unique incentives plans, RRSP plan with company matching, excellent health & dental benefits and a fun team environment with great leadership.
- Operate and drive company trucks to transport goods and materials and make deliveries as required;
- Perform daily/routine vehicle inspections and identify and report any safety or maintenance issues;
- Monitor vehicle condition, performance and mechanical fitness, including but not limited to inspecting tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment;
- Perform preventive maintenance and emergency roadside repairs;
- Report any special customer needs, special conditions or issues back to the Operations Managers and/or Sales team in regards to: inefficient routes; facility and parking challenges; fittings and hose requirement issues; accessibility issues; for each client location, and identify time-sensitive and/or special needs customers;
- Ensure cellular phone is always charged and operational.
- Produce accurate paperwork, reports and logs on vehicles as required in a timely manner;
- Ensure all paperwork regarding TSD requirements is accurate and updated daily;
- Produce all necessary documentation (DL, DA) for appropriate certification according to company and DOT requirements;
- Assist with the placarding of delivery vehicles and the necessary paperwork to ensure they meet company and government requirements;
- Ensure Fuel card, drivers’ license, insurance slips are available and easily accessible.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of vehicles to and from deliveries;
- Ensure all loads are picked accurately and loaded securely;
- Maintain a courteous, professional and positive attitude when dealing with both internal and external customers;
- Follow and support safety practices within the workplace and address any safety issues or concerns with the Assistant Manager and/or Operation Manager and/or Salesperson as required;
- Maintain a clean and well groomed appearance and wear appropriate company apparel;
- Ensure any communication between yourself and the customer is clearly understood
- Accommodate customer requests as best as possible, going above and beyond the customer’s expectations where possible and report back to the Salesperson when expectations are unmet or unclear;
- Completion of High School
- Class 3
- Knowledge of driver logbook, bills of lading, inspection reports (pre and post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, trip reports, accident or incident report
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and compliance requirements
- Experience operating and driving straight trucks to transport goods and materials and/or liquid bulk
- Proven track record in safe driving practices
- Experience working in a warehouse environment
- Attention to detail
- Diplomacy in dealing with internal and external clients
- Takes pride in his/her work
Job Type: Full-time
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)