WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2009, Pillar 5 Pharma Inc provides contract manufacturing solutions to tier one pharmaceutical customers. Our facility, located in Arnprior was originally built by the Pfizer company and continues to manufacture quality products for the pharmaceutical industry. With continuous yearly revenue growth, competitive salaries and a company culture that is built on comradery, excellence and a positive work environment, Pillar 5 Pharma Inc continues to be an employer of choice for many Manufacturing and Engineering Professionals.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the VP of Production, this role is responsible for the Engineering and Maintenance activities of the facility, supporting the operational processes of the existing business portfolio and leading the efforts for site and process expansion to support future company growth. The Manager will lead a team of engineers and mechanics focused on improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, and costs while maintaining or improving product quality.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Oversee technical aspect of plant and maintenance reliability ensuring a minimization of downtime and by extension an optimization of plant performance
- Plan, direct, and operate capital projects, including capital budgets (ensuring procedures are in place to monitor performance against budgets)
- Responsible for the provision of maintenance services for the facility and equipment including;
- Improving existing or develop site wide maintenance management systems
- Ensure compliance with all company and regulatory health and safety requirements
- Implement equipment strategies including sourcing and standardization
- Leadership of Project Management initiatives to ensure successful execution of projects including new construction, renovations, and equipment installations
- Establishes and defines project requirements with management and internal customer groups.
- Assists project sponsors with the preparation of Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR).
- Provides or arranges for development of complete design documentation.
- Selects, manages, and coordinates the efforts of consultants/contractors.
- Develops Request for Proposal documents for design, construction, and major equipment items.
- Administers and controls all design, construction and management contracts and financial issues.
- Ensures that all applicable local, provincial (i.e. OHSA), and federal (i.e. GMP) regulatory requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science
- 5-10 years’ experience in engineering, preferably in the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and/or consumer products industries, and a minimum of 3 years in leadership roles
- Experience in leading capital projects.
- Project management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply, please submit a resume and covering letter to (email@example.com) MEM 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Pillar 5 Pharma, please visit the website at www.pillar5pharma.com.
Pillar 5 Pharma respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to providing accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout any recruitment process, once made aware of a need for accommodation. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.