PART-TIME OPENINGS AVAILABLE
Camphill Communities Ontario currently has part-time opportunities available at our Nottawasaga houses in Angus for individuals looking for regular biweekly hours (28 to 48 hours)
The scheduled hours of these positions are modified to the needs of the individuals we support and the home. Please note that this means the hours could be a combination of days, evenings, weekends as directed by the House & the individuals we support’ needs.
The Direct Support Worker is responsible for supporting the emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical growth of Companions and others living in any Camphill Communities Ontario Household. DSW works in association with a designated house team and/or work's team and adhere to the Ministry of Community and Social Services guidelines and Camphill Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in Person Centred Planning for Companions and assist in the implementation of their plans by respectfully supporting them.
- Work alongside Companions and encourage them to achieve the highest level of independence in personal care and relationships.
- Ensure that Companion’s rights are maintained, explained, encouraged and respected.
- Support companions in specified work and activity areas, as needed.
- To work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Initiative and self-motivation;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Planning skills, flexibility
- Dependability, reliability
- To advocate for and respects confidentiality at all times.
- To apply appropriate responses to unpredictable behaviour.
- To maintain all required program records and documentation.
- To advocate for and foster independence;
- A willingness to learn with and from people with disabilities
- Be open to continuous learning as required
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Must be successfully trained in and possess current certifications in CPR, NVCI, First Aid, and Medication Administration
- DSW College Diploma or an equivalent diploma or degree in social sciences. Minimum two-year college program; and/or Curative Education, PSW and Social Therapy diploma or equivalent Camphill seminar and experience.
- A demonstrated maturity and desire to work with adults with developmental disabilities within the Camphill Philosophy
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- A valid G driver’s license
Please submit your resume with a cover letter quoting DSW-PTAngus
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $17.81 /hour
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)