Mindham Fine Jewellery Inc. has designed and created items of extraordinary beauty and sophistication for over 25 years, delivering to discerning clients a balance of gemstones and precious metals in designs of incomparable style and superb craftmanship in works of art that resonate emotionally and are treasured for generations.
With the belief that every member of the team is a critical contributor to its success, MFJ reveres an environment of positive, engaged team members who both individually and collectively contribute to personal and corporate growth and sustainability. Each member of MFJ serves as a brand Ambassador and must uphold its values in all professional capacities ensuring that the reputation and integrity of the organization are preserved. MFJ will be renowned for business practices that are both ethically and morally sound while delighting customers and embracing and celebrating their lives and loved ones.
Showroom/Sales Assistant [Part Time to Full Time]
The Sales Assistant (SA) serves several critical roles at MFJ:
- Pivotal member of the Mindham Fine Jewellery team committed to supporting MFJ’s fine jewellery specialists and retail activity in addition to serving as a critical communication bridge between Sales and Production.
- Demonstrate a superior customer service orientation both internally and externally consistent with MFJ’s vision and values.
- Serve as an MFJ brand Ambassador, lead by example and partner productively and professionally with all MFJ team members.
- Oversee and/or execute all facilities and housekeeping needs to ensure the Mindham Salon consistently reflects a luxury environment and experience at every touch point.
- Support and assist all marketing and special events activities as requested and required.
- Ensure the customer database reflects accurate and up to date information with respect to all business activity and personal data.
- The position reports to the Sales Manager
The Sales Assistant (SA) is a results-oriented luxury retail professional with a superior customer service orientation, a proven track record of delivering results and the polished efficiency required to support both the administrative and operational needs of a luxury fine jewellery sales environment. The SA is focused on supporting the achievement of corporate and profitability objectives and fostering of a team environment in which respect and professional courtesy are of tantamount importance.
- Support individual sales team members in every capacity including special order flow, client servicing, client deliveries, stock repairs and the processing of sales and servicing.
- Participate daily in the display and merchandising of jewellery and the securing of all inventory at end of day.
- Support and encourage operational efficiency including inventory accuracy and the protection of all assets.
- Actively participate in MFJ team meetings.
- Serve as a Brand Ambassador and model of professional and ethical behavior by extending a seamless and elegant customer experience and encouraging and supporting this same orientation throughout the organization.
- Ensure all MFJ environments consistently reflect a true luxury brand experience by overseeing all related housekeeping including front and back of house supplies, cleaning and landscaping.
Marketing, Public Relations & Client Development:
- Ensure regular review of local, national, international and industry specific publications to ensure fluency with all trends, news and issues related to the luxury environment and the fine jewellery industry in particular.
- Partner closely and cooperatively with MFJ executives, retail, marketing, finance and production teams in support of successful marketing and public relations campaigns.
- Actively support all MFJ events on and offsite.
- Support all sales activity while seeking to ensure profitability objectives are met.
- Support an environment in which inventory is closely monitored for accuracy and security.
- Review and update all sales and customer data to ensure that company records and reports reflect accurate and current profile and activity.
- Assist with customer deliveries and pick-ups as requested
- Participate in daily counts and inventory taking as required
- Perform other duties as required
- A university or college degree
- Demonstrated success in a retail or hospitality environment with particular expertise in serving the luxury environment in which superior sales and client development are critical goals.
- A self-starter requiring minimal supervision and demonstrating superior organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment
- Strong analytical and strategic skills with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- An unwavering positive orientation and strong work ethic
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and/or weekends
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrate a highly developed customer service orientation
- Make sound decisions based on business needs
- A high aptitude for IT tools in general, and specific proficiency in POS systems/Microsoft Office
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fine Jewellery: 1 year (Preferred)