Get in on an amazing opportunity at the ground level. Handle the finances for one of Nova Scotia’s fastest growing brands.
Century Auto is looking for a Dealership Accountant for one of our Antigonish locations.
We’re looking for someone who is great with numbers. Join a team of people just like you. Who work hard, strive for accuracy and most importantly, enjoy coming to work each day. New challenges and solid compensation, this will be the most fulfilling career choice of your life.
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive Industry Pay Plans – Be compensated for the work expected of you.
· Time with Friends/Family - A fulltime gig, with limited weekend hours.
· Employee Discount – Get a break on car purchases, services and parts.
· Training & Development – Opportunity to grow within your role and even our group of companies.
· Health & Dental – Since you’ll want to smile every day, you will want to keep it looking great.
What you will be doing.
The Dealership Accountant position involves a lot of pulling and compiling of accurate data, providing regular feedback on financial results and projects. The Dealership Accountant reports to the Group Controller and provides financial analysis and reporting to support the dealership in its business operations, in relation to its financial goals. This role collaborates with the General Manager to create and achieve annual forecasts. Monitor inventory transactions, reconcile floor-plan financing as well as maintaining a timeline of month-end and year-end activities and prepare financial statements in a timely manner to reporting requirements.
Accounting work is a lot of the job but being diplomatic and assertive with coworkers while being a team player is also important. Reporting and reviewing financial results with General Managers and Controllers to providing guidance, feedback and direction to accounting staff are encompassed in this role. This role expects initiative and the ability to identify and correct areas of improvement or concern.
· Timely and accurate accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts and general leger.
· Punctuality in attendance and reporting deadlines.
· Strong financial background.
· 5+ years accounting role experience.
· Accounting designations an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent